UKC

Lake District Mountain Trial

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mockerkin 20 Jun 2013
Anyone doing it tomorrow?
 Simon Caldwell 20 Jun 2013
In reply to mockerkin:
Eh?
janiejonesworld 20 Jun 2013
In reply to mockerkin:
> Anyone doing it tomorrow?
always been in mid september when I've done it ?!?
OP mockerkin 20 Jun 2013
In reply to janiejonesworld:
> (In reply to mockerkin)
> [...]
> always been in mid september when I've done it ?!?

>> I'm going by the local News & Star paper of today. I can't get it online but it says (Joss Naylor, that's the famous fell runner now 77 years old) "is taking part in his 51st Lake District Mountain Trial tomorrow"
Tell them off if they are wrong.

Simon Caldwell 20 Jun 2013
In reply to mockerkin:
They're confused.
Joss has done the mountain trial pretty much every year but missed it in 1964. Tomorrow he's doing part of that year's course in order to fill in the blank (and make some money for charity).
 ablackett 20 Jun 2013
In reply to mockerkin: From Joss Naylors Just Giving page.

"I've missed one Lake District Mountain Trial since my first one in 1960 - and that was in 1964. The route started at Glenridding and finished at the Old Dungeon Ghyll with checkpoints at Red Tarn, Grisedale Tarn, Tarn at Leaves, Stake Beck and Angle Tarn. Peter Hall won the '64 Trial with Bob Lewney and Harry Blenkinsop 2nd and 3rd. Some of those early days in the Trial were magic - with routes taking you to areas where you never gathered sheep.

I'll be running the 1964 Mountain Trial route in June to complete the set - and to raise some funds to help disadvantaged kids get a better start in life. Thank you for your generous support."

http://www.justgiving.com/joss-naylor

I was chatting to him on Jura and it seems this is a pretty big deal for him. He has had a couple of falls and been working hard to be fit enough to do it. Good luck to him.

He is happy for anyone to rock up and join in for the day I think if you fancy a run out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...