UKC

West Highland Way Race... New Record!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J Brown 24 Jun 2013
Following quickly after Finlay Wild's amazing new record on the Cuillin Ridge last week, Paul Giblin has set an incredible new record time for the WHW Race - finishing in 15hrs 07mins 29secs - a 32 minute improvement on the record that was set last year.

Absolutely superb!

www.westhighlandwayrace.org
 Banned User 77 24 Jun 2013
In reply to J Brown: Its incredible.. Paul's a decent runner but seriously didn't think he had that in his locker.. he's been consistently strong for a few years now, we tend to be close in races. So didn't think he could be pullthat out, It's amazing how the record has dropped in recent years, first Jez, then Terry now Paul. Truly world class run by Paul there.

Top run my Marco as well, Marco has undoubted talent but you always knew he had more in his locker has he's a seriously fit guy. I'm more surprised by Paul than Marco though as most thought Marco would nail it at some point.

In reply to J Brown: Simply phenomenal!! I was 21hrs on Saturday at my first go. Probably lost an hour stopping for food at checkpoints. To find another 5 hrs is hard to imagine!!
 petestack 24 Jun 2013
In reply to graeme gatherer:
> (In reply to J Brown) Simply phenomenal!! I was 21hrs on Saturday at my first go.

Still a very decent time, Graeme...

> To find another 5 hrs is hard to imagine!!

But you'd need another six!

Paul's run is a complete game-changer, with folk suddenly now discussing the possibility of sub-15 where 16:XX was absolutely top-drawer before, and perhaps the 'bait' needed to attract more top runners to the race. But what a day for Marco too in recording the fourth fastest ever and fastest that's never been a record!
 Banned User 77 24 Jun 2013
In reply to petestack: Its a shockingly good time.. but just seems so much better than his recent fling run..

He's basically ran at the same speed for the full way..

Very brave run.

I don't know if it will attract more, I understand the pacing requirement for those entering a second night but at the moment anyone who travels has such an ask of people.. not just one person..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...