Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Tory madness continues ...

Gordon Stainforth - on 26 Jun 2013
You can't balance the books (indeed are in deep debt) because you dislike raising taxes, so you can't provide adequate services. So what do you do? You ... freeze council tax rises for two years from 2014 (as the Americans would say, 'go figure'.) You have such a low opinion of culture, community and the quality of life that you ... cut community sports, arts and museums by 5% in 2015-16. Whatever next? My guess is that money for science will be cut too.

Some reactions (tweets etc):

'Communities budget already cut by more than 50% in real terms since 2010 - Chancellor says there is now another 10% in 2015-16.'

'Graeme Croucher, Wimbledon texts: The austerity approach was adopted in the 1930s in response to the Wall Street crash and proved to be a disaster. The eventual remedy was the Keynesian solution to spend our way out of trouble. When will our politicians learn the lessons of history? Spending is what saved the western world's economy.'

... not showing 276 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums