UKC

Jimmy Carr. Is he really that funny?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 29 Jun 2013
Got to admit I haven't seen much of Mr Carr beyond offerings on the Channel Dave, and mostly on QI.

However I had tears down my eyes watching this clip.

youtube.com/watch?v=PzLlLM7Rgm8&
 aln 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming: Down your eyes?
OP The Lemming 29 Jun 2013
In reply to aln:

Well, in that area at least.
 Gibson 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming: Is he really that funny?

No
 Steve John B 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming: QI is a big pile of sh1t. Jimmy Carr's very funny though.
 The New NickB 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Carr is the type of comedian that tells lots of jokes, some of these jokes are very funny in my opinion. QI probably isn't the best format for his type of humour.

Who do you find funny?
 aln 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Steve John B:
> (In reply to The Lemming) QI is a big pile of sh1t.

What's shit about it?
 Andrew Wilson 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The New NickB:
I know what you mean about comedians sometimes not suiting a shows format. Roy walker was on Just a Minute last week and all he wanted to do was tell jokes and anecdotes. He was not very good at the game but it was quite entertaining.

I think jimmy Carr is funny. I think some of his humour and the repetitive forced laugh on 8 out of 10 cats a little tedious but his stand up is good. I had a live DVD a few years ago which was genius.
In reply to The Lemming: no
 lowersharpnose 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Very good, ta.
 Rob Naylor 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
> Got to admit I haven't seen much of Mr Carr beyond offerings on the Channel Dave, and mostly on QI.
>
> However I had tears down my eyes watching this clip.

How about this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=M2ZdIxjiKqA&
 SteveoS 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
Big fan of his most offensive jokes and his support for comedians like Frankie Boyle.
 LastBoyScout 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Gibson:

I can't stand him, either.
 Philip 30 Jun 2013
Comedians are like singers, being good isn't enough - you need to want to listen. I'm not a fan of Carr but he does seem quick witted, but his style doesn't involve getting the audience to like him.
 Gibson 30 Jun 2013
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Yes, in total agreement mate. As shit, if not shitter, than the first one.
In reply to The Lemming: I'm not a fan of him, but enjoyed the way he dealt with the hecklers.

Which are worse, hecklers, or those who spend whole comedy gigs on their mobile phones telling people; "I'm seeing Jimmy Carr, he just said..." via facebook and twitter....

Dylan Moran playing Canberra really, REALLY, REALLY ripped into some tit in the front row of the gig who was tapping away on his mobile. (A loud Welsh voice from the second row also addressed that young man’s personality and parentage in the vernacular.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...