UKC

Bouldering in east mids? Skegness,Louth, that sort of wa

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Will5521 07 Jul 2013
Hi guys

Does anyone know of any decent bouldering to be had round this sort of area? I know of greet well quarry in Lincoln. Just wondering if anyone knows of any others nearer Skegness or Louth way. Not bothered bout driving a little way just don't want to be spending hours driving to get there wasting valuable climbing time.

Pm me with any details. Postcodes etc an advantage and pics if you have them
Tony Simpson 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Will5521:

There is not much even go as far to say nothing at all.

Your best bet would be to drive up to the m180 onto the M18 or 62 and hit the limestone around the A1 area inbetween those two motorways. Lots to go at and still more to develop (but I won't tell where )
sagetheowl 11 Jul 2013
In reply to Will5521: The trouble with Lincolnshire is that you start looking at buildings/walls/bridges etc.
Have you tried The Showroom in Lincoln, they have a climbing wall as good as you'll get in Lincolnshire and may release a few pent up climbing urges.
Just a thought.
 Tony the Blade 11 Jul 2013
In reply to Tony Simpson:
> (In reply to Will5521)
>
> There is not much even go as far to say nothing at all.
>
> Your best bet would be to drive up to the m180 onto the M18 or 62 and hit the limestone around the A1 area inbetween those two motorways. Lots to go at and still more to develop (but I won't tell where )

I have a guide book dedicated to that very, ahem, crag.

You could always do what we did, find a large haystack and get your ice gear out! Ladies and Gents, I give you Baildering! A quickdraw on the binding strings make for a very dodgy lead, just don't take a leader fall - perfect for winter training then!

Our favourite route was name... Comes The Farmer!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...