ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - climbing and best options due to accident

razmitaz - on 14 Jul 2013
Hi there,

a few years back [well 5] I had 30ft fall free climbing. It ended with the splintered and pulverised ankle bones in one leg. 1 helicopter ride and 2 separate surgeries and 6 months rehab left me with a cane for next 6 months. I basically gave up on the climbing as an option, I miss it. Even though I walk now without aid most of the time my movement is well about 50% of my good one. Pain varies from minor too ouch. I can run / job for a small distance like, lets say Iíll not be doing the 100meters at a jog. This does end with a day or two with major pain and in worst cane again.

Basically miss it and as been away awhile was really wondering if i could say get back climbing indoors well bouldering. If so something like a sturdy support as it can just buckle walking down the road might help. Any suggestions? And on another key boots that would accommodate support and add some to this.
I know what I did was stupid and it could have been so much worse. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

razmitaz
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums