UKC

The Trouble With Trump (BBC1 Panorama)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Douglas Griffin 15 Jul 2013
Missed this last week but caught up with it on iPlayer at the weekend:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b036yklf/Panorama_The_Trouble_with_Tru...

A lot of the programme goes over old ground but some interesting figures obtained by Panorama:
- £25m spent by Trump so far, as opposed to the promised £1bn (give or take), which influenced the planning decision.
- Trump paid £7m for the land - with the outline planning permission for 500 houses it is now estimated to be "conservatively" worth £100m.
 Alyson 15 Jul 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin: I watched it – more by accident than due to any planning on my part – and was left with the strong impression that he’s screwed many people over. Now the promised development isn’t there and neither is the SSSI. I wonder how many people who supported the planning application still hold the same views on it they did?
Douglas Griffin 15 Jul 2013
In reply to Alyson:

Not many, I'd hope!

Having said that, I have spoken to a few people who seem to be delighted with the course, even if it is a couple of hundred quid for a round.
http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/
 knthrak1982 15 Jul 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

Yeah I watched it. Got the impression that he really knows how to talk the talk when it comes to influencing planning decisions. I hope the planned benefits of jobs and housing do eventually materialise (assuming that's what the locals want), but DT has done pretty well out of the whole saga either way.
 John Workman 15 Jul 2013
In reply to knthrak1982:
> (In reply to Douglas Griffin)
>
> Yeah I watched it. Got the impression that he really knows how to talk the talk when it comes to influencing planning decisions. I hope the planned benefits of jobs and housing do eventually materialise (assuming that's what the locals want), but DT has done pretty well out of the whole saga either way.

He may be able to talk the talk but does he know how to comb his hair?
He reminds me very much of one Mr Arthur [Shredded Wheat] Scargill both in hairstyle and in his pompous rhetoric. Is it a common failing on the part of would-be dictators?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...