UKC

Top ten crags/climbs for an SPA trainee logbook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
So I've just booked my SPA training for about a months' time, and, unlike my logbook for the ML, which already had more than enough mountain days for assessment before I'd done training a couple of months ago, my climbing logbook isn't particularly extensive (I'm poor and can't afford a rope so always dependent on somebody with one being free on the same day as I am... but I've just got a job so hopefully I'll be able to fix that soonish )

What would be a good top ten single pitch crags (and climbs up to ~VS) to visit between now and training? Mainly Peak District and Yorkshire (again, poor, limited to train/bike if partner is also without a car).
 danimal 18 Jul 2013
In reply to LesserTrochanter: cardwell quarry Lancashire lots of easy severes,VS's all close together. I got 6 leads in a evening quite easily.
 martinph78 18 Jul 2013
In reply to LesserTrochanter: Looking at your logbook you have plenty of climbs for your SPA training(20 or so severe or above, leader placed protection)? Although the type of rock could/should be more varied before the assessment by my understanding.
 SteveoS 18 Jul 2013
In reply to LesserTrochanter:

Having a huge amount of climbs isn't what the training is about. It's mainly about understanding and learning the concepts of gear placement and equalizing along with skills such as setting up a personal and group abseils.
 Lukem6 18 Jul 2013
In reply to LesserTrochanter: its about experience. so try 4 climbs at ten different crags try grit slate limestone sandstonr granite all kinds of rock. forest locations with tree belays and places where there is nothing for belay. get a graso of everythibg thats the purpose of the time between training and assessment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...