UKC

England's Dreaming- Blacknor North

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Kennard 25 Jul 2013
I had a look at the top section of this yesterday: the entire tufa at the top has become detached - climb this route with extreme caution!
 steve taylor 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard:

Crowbar time???
OP Rob Kennard 25 Jul 2013
In reply to steve taylor: It'll make a hell of a bang- must be 5 cubic metres of rock on it...
 steve taylor 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard:

All the more fun....

How much of the route would be lost?
OP Rob Kennard 25 Jul 2013
In reply to steve taylor: The top 5m, thankfully the bolts are a little to the left so hopefully they won't need replacing, but the juggy romp at the top will be sadly missed. Maybe we can auction off the tufa for the DBF?
In reply to Rob Kennard:
Really sad news.
 Climber_Bill 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard:

Apparently the culprit responsible was knee barring near the top as he needed a hands off rest (wuss) and the whole of the tufa suddenly cracked and shifted.

Rich.
 stonemaster 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Richard White: Oh dear...
 Mark Lloyd 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard: Lardy Git
 DDDD 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard:

I'm surprised that the whole of Cheyne cliff is still standing.
 LucaC 25 Jul 2013
In reply to DDDD: A load of it was loose when I was on it two years ago, can't imagine it's got any better!
 Ian Dunn 30 Jul 2013
In reply to Richard White: too strong in the quadriceps department!
 Luke Owens 23 Aug 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard:

I'm heading here over the weekend and wanted to do this route. Anyone know if that tufa is safe/now gone?

Cheers
 Michael Chan 24 Aug 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard: I did the route on Thursday, seemed safe. Nothing pulled on was loose, nor did anything appear particularly dangerous
 Michael Chan 24 Aug 2013
In reply to Luke Owens: I also may have lost some stuff there. I would really appreciate it if you could take a look around for me? http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=560982

Thanks

Michael

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...