UKC

4 new routes Penmaenbach Quarry A55

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Just a note to let people know that there are now 4 new sport routes at upper Penmaenbach Quarry

- 2 on the orange rock of the central section, a slab/wall and an arete (both nice technical 6c)

- 2 on the upper slab at 6c and 6a+.

Details in the logbooks section.

Hopefully some of you good folk will enjoy repeating them.

Darron 31 Jul 2013
In reply to colin struthers:

Are these on the 'last but one level' Colin? I was there on Sunday and tried a route on an orange wall. It followed some left leading flakes at the beginning. I bailed from the top of the flakes (mallion now in situ . It was very good up to there though .
Does this sound like one of your new routes? If not any idea which it is? There is another new route on the same orange wall that finishes over an overhang.
In reply to Darron: Hi Darron,

Yes, they are on the last but one level. The routes you were doing were, I think, on another orange wall which is about 50m to the left of our routes. They are also fairly recent but I don't know any of the details. You might find something about them on the V12 website

Our routes, which we only completed yesterday, are listed on UKC logbooks as Prelude to a pint 6c, The whole of the law 6c, Hard Times 6c and Rejoice 6a+
 Darron 31 Jul 2013

Just had a look on V12 and the route I tried is 'Easy Peeler'. Good name!
It's new so perhaps I can claim the first fail . It's very good by the way, enticing line and 6a+/6b to the top of the flakes.
 Sl@te Head 01 Aug 2013
Hi Colin & Harold
Good Work, it's great to see more routes being added to this level, which has been transformed into a worthwhile venue. It would be great to see more routes added in the future......do you have anymore plans / projects?
 Sl@te Head 21 Aug 2013

Repeated Orange county 7a, Prelude to a pint 6c and The whole of the law 6c recently, all good new additions with some great climbing
 Sl@te Head 22 Aug 2013

Still some scope left for New Routes on the Upper Quarry - The Last Butt one Level, mainly easy slabby ramps etc. Would be really good to see this area 'fully developed', the addition of some well bolted easy routes would be brilliant....So if anyone out there's interested, get busy bolting before the new North Wales Limestone guides published (btw though not Limestone, Penmaenbach Quarry will be included).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...