UKC

Killer Bees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 USBRIT 31 Jul 2013
I climber cleaning a new route in Arizona USA was killed by Africa bees.. over 100 stings. His dog also was killed by the bees.
 Bulls Crack 31 Jul 2013
In reply to USBRIT:
> I climber cleaning a new route in Arizona USA was killed by Africa bees.. over 100 stings. His dog also was killed by the bees.

Puts Peak midges into perspective doesn't it?!
 armus 31 Jul 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I believe they found him hanging from his ropes 60' up a climb.
 mockerkin 31 Jul 2013
In reply to armus:
> (In reply to Bulls Crack)
>
> I believe they found him hanging from his ropes 60' up a climb.

> That happened to me once but I hadn't been stung to death by killer bees, and it didn't take a weekend to find me. My leader only took five seconds to work out where I was.
Silly things aside, the poor guy was climbing and all of a sudden he was subjected to a death that most of us have only seen on the movies. What's the betting that the OP's post will start a Hollywood film? If so he should get royalties.

j0ntyg 01 Aug 2013
In reply to mockerkin:
You have put silly things aside, then gone all silly with the Hollywood stuff.
 mockerkin 01 Aug 2013
In reply to j0ntyg:
> (In reply to mockerkin)
> You have put silly things aside, then gone all silly with the Hollywood stuff.

> I realised that as soon as I had posted, but I was hoping that no-one would notice.

j0ntyg 01 Aug 2013
In reply to j0ntyg:
> (In reply to j0ntyg)
>
> Anyway, what's this op doing talking about USA stuff when he's safely back home in the UK? He should be looking at the dodgy rock on Castle Rock of Triermain and talking about that. After all he was responsible for many FA's there so it was likely that he dislodged the big rock in the first place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...