Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Confined space training / fitness options for shift workers?

ksjs - on 02 Aug 2013
I've just started a new job and it involves shift work:

Day 1: 8.00AM - 11.00PM
Sleep-in (on call)
Day 2: 8.00AM - 11.00PM

Unless I get up mega early on day 1 to go for a run or something or have a very late one, maybe a fingerboard session, on day 2 when I get home I'm looking at 2 days with no exercise.

Getting up really early or going to bed really late are options I'd prefer to avoid so I think the only window of opportunity is the start of the sleep-in period on day 1.

I'm limited to a smallish room and have no training facilities. Ultimately I might be able to install a fingerboard but for now I'd like a more immediate solution. The only ideas I can come up with are:

- press-ups
- sit-ups

This makes for a fairly dull routine and I'm not sure how useful it would be. I don't necessarily have any fitness / strength targets, I just want to do something to either raise heart rate or maintain stamina / power. I can't do any jumping around due to potential noise issues.

If anyone has any more suggestions for room based exercise or training I'd be grateful if you could share them on here.

Thanks.
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums