UKC

Nu et Culottés - Naked and Audacious

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pyreneenemec 03 Aug 2013
Second series of adventures for our two heroes Mouts and Nans. In this, the second episode of the series, they travel from Northern France, through England and Scotland, hopefully to hitch a lift on a plane to Iceland and observe the Northern Lights.

Non of this would be particularly interesting if it wasn't for the fact that they always start their adventure stark naked, with no money in pocket. Everything they need is given or bartered for in exchange for work or a service.

The generosity of some of the people they meet is amazing and heart-warming. I can't say any more, as it would spoil things if you decide to watch the programme. Mouts and Nans speak French, but get by very well in English and as most of their encounters are in Britain, most of the conversation is understandable.

Has anyone else ever dreamed about a midnight swim in Loch Ness in February ?

youtube.com/watch?v=yy8RZOkaZnk&
In reply to Pyreneenemec:

Thank you so much for posting that link. I've just finished watching it and laughed the whole way through but with a heart warming tear in my eye too! The world needs more Nans and Mouts in it for sure
 malk 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Pyreneenemec: i didn't get what they were saying. the french overdubbing didn't help..
was it just the two of them or tv crew?
great trip report though.

They've obviuosly got a bit of a following now as their series is on TV5 le monde at 5.15 tonight so will record the series.
OP Pyreneenemec 06 Aug 2013
In reply to La Shamster:

The last episode of Nu et Culottés was watched by an audience of 550 000. I think it will still be a while before they reach a level of recognition that would put the whole idea in jeopardy.

In an interview they declared that if they are recognised, they simply do not film the encounter.
OP Pyreneenemec 06 Aug 2013
In reply to malk:
> (In reply to Pyreneenemec) i didn't get what they were saying. the french overdubbing didn't help..
> was it just the two of them or tv crew?
> great trip report though.

It's just the two of them !

The episode I watched they introduced themselves with a camera and then a third anonymous camera person who followed them.
OP Pyreneenemec 07 Aug 2013
In reply to La Shamster:

From what I've seen, the third camera always takes a fixed view of our two heroes; a long et laborious process.
OP Pyreneenemec 07 Aug 2013

Apologies to all who have tried to watch the full episode on Youtube : this is no longer available.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...