UKC

apparently this is quite a famous video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rallymania 06 Aug 2013
but it was new to me so i thought i'd share it

http://www.upworthy.com/watch-a-teacher-make-her-3rd-grade-kids-hate-each-o...

prejudices are stupid!
 andrew ogilvie 06 Aug 2013
In reply to rallymania: It isn (justifiably) immensely famous but worthy of an airing. I remember very clearly the first time I was shown it as part of my teaching qualification.
 andrew ogilvie 06 Aug 2013
In reply to rallymania: But if you don't know the first video you might also be interested in another rather famous experiment, recreated after after 41 minutes of this ( generally very interesting) BBC Horizon video. Worth a look

youtube.com/watch?v=ayvE3YIUj04&
 Thrudge 06 Aug 2013
In reply to rallymania:
Not seen that before, very interesting. Thanks for posting.
ice.solo 07 Aug 2013
In reply to rallymania:

i had a job for a while developing stuff like this, tho more specific and far more confronting.

we looked at this test being done by several groups (including once on oprah) and its notable how similar the outcomes are whether its school kids, middle class mums, government workers or corporate groups. theres a threshold of intellect thats reached, then after that it becomes the same old emotive tribal stuff.

we used to manipulate the led in factors to alter the specific application of the exercise, and after a while you get to see how the prejudices arise and how they can be curtailed.

my favorite was another classic where 2 groups are given mock social parameters they have to follow, but neither knows the others and they are kept apart, only interacting by one individual visiting the other at a time, then reporting back.
many of the same elements were used as found in the eye colour scenario.

very eye opening. i think about it all the time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...