UKC

talktalk customer service?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark s 17 Aug 2013
anyone else with talktalk and tried ringing customer service or technical help?
it is f===ing crap.
a call centre in india that the minions read off a script and as soon as you ask something they are completely lost.
we have been having intermitent internet for 3 weeks now.
each time you ring they try and do a line check which when you tell them you have done this numerous times and even had an engineer out they dont listen.
should have had another engineer this morning between 9 and 12 ,i was up and about and recieved a call saying he couldnt contact us.
he must have had mouse hands to knock on the door because the dog didnt even hear it.
baffles me why you cant ring someone british up and talk to someone who understands you and your problems.
 Jon Stewart 17 Aug 2013
In reply to mark s:

they're the shittest thing in the world, i hate them
 RockAngel 17 Aug 2013
In reply to mark s: i had no internet for 6 months with talktalk. When i tried to get ot fixed, they hung up on me. Their technical help/customer service is the reason i left them
 Oceanrower 17 Aug 2013
In reply to mark s: Trust me, Virgin are just as bad.
 kevin stephens 17 Aug 2013
In reply to mark s:
WTF has this to do with Culture?
 Phil1919 17 Aug 2013
In reply to mark s: We go with Coop broadband. Very nice customer service from a British based office from someone who is very relaxed. Their advertised prices are very clear and better value for us than BT were.
In reply to Phil1919:

To be honest, I don't bother looking for good customer service now when choosing phone/ broadband/ utilities. The vast majority of the time, things will go fine and you won't need to contact them anyway. The one time you do contact them, your isolated experience is unlikely to be a reflection of their typical customer service anyway.

I think I've only had one reason to contact a utility provider in the last 10 years. That was Talk Talk too. Initially, it was a hassle, but if you persist, you can get the call escalated to someone who will help. I got an engineer visit which solved the problem. It should have cost £50, but I told them I wasn't paying that, and they softened very quickly.

The one thing that slowed me down was that they wanted me to plug my laptop directly into the router. The guy on the phone simply refused to believe that a Macbook Air doesn't have an ethernet socket, so that took a while...
 Phil1919 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Richard Alderton: I understand what you are saying but as well as the price UK based call centre was a factor for me. The thread was about customer service so I thought it was a factor for the thread as well.
 Neil Williams 17 Aug 2013
In reply to mark s:

I have never heard a good word spoken about them. I stick with BT, who may not be the cheapest but have rarely annoyed me.

Neil
 Phil1919 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Neil Williams: I fell out with them because of their misleading advertising. However, the service worked well for my contract time.
In reply to Oceanrower:
> (In reply to mark s) Trust me, Virgin are just as bad.

Seconded.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...