/ NEW ARTICLE: Deep Water Soloing Guide to Mallorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC Articles - on 30 Aug 2013
The "Deep Water" part of Deep Water Soloing.  7 frame sequence stitched together - great recovery from a missed dyno, 4 kbThe deep water soloing season is upon us so here is an in-depth destination guide to the world famous DWS paradise of Mallorca with news of a new publication from Rockfax.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=5290
In reply to UKC Articles:

Under 'When to go' it's worth making the point that in July/August the sun is v high in the sky and therefore doesn't get into the back of some of the caves to dry them. Condensation can be a problem (as well as it being very hot!)
In reply to Tom Briggs - Jagged Globe:

Good point Tom, I've added that, cheers.
buffalo606 - on 30 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC Articles:

2 wee questions for experienced Mallorca pros: is there really no camping? Anyone know? We are going in 2 weeks (for 10 days) and would love some advice on nice and also cheap places to stay. Tried airbnb apartments but it's not super cheap unless there's a few sharing.

Also are scooters cheap and easy to hire for getting around.
cheers
matt perks - on 30 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC Articles: That looks like an inconvenient place to realise you forgot to tie a double knot!
gazhbo - on 31 Aug 2013
In reply to buffalo606:

Not sure about scooters but there's plenty of camping. There's a big campsite at the Monnastery at Lluc, which admittedly isn't very close to the main deep water soloing venues but is close to a lot of good sport crags in the mountains. When I stayed there in 2008 it was free but I think its 5 euros a night now.

There is also Hipocampo, which is very close to Cala Barques in a place called Calas de Mallorca

http://www.clubhipocampo.com/

The website says its great for climbers and deep water soloing.

To say there are no campsites on the island is absolute nonsense.

buffalo606 - on 31 Aug 2013
In reply to gazhbo:

Cheers, camping it is!
Nick.V - on 02 Sep 2013
In reply to matt perks: Did anyone else click on this link to see if there was a video of that chick's bra beginning to fall off...?
ads.ukclimbing.com
stayfreejc - on 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Nick.V: Yes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.