UKC

Dr Who ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 01 Sep 2013
Does anybody 'get' the new/latest Dr Who? I used to like the prog for about a zillion years but lately it is just beyond me. It's like a William Burroughs novel at its freakiest, almost like abstract fiction with no rules, none of it seems to follow or make sense, it's like Naked Lunch on acid (which it was) or Soft Machine (novel not band). Izzy the Push rules ok but I don't get it for Dr Who!
 stewieatb 01 Sep 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

I stopped watching part way through the last series, though that was partly due to uni work being a higher priority. I will probably watch the 50th anniversary, but Moffat's bad writing, thin characters and corkscrew plotlines are pissing me off no end. He is driving it into the ground.
 The Pylon King 01 Sep 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

It's for kids
OP Al Evans 01 Sep 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:
> (In reply to Al Evans)
>
> It's for kids

Are you sure that's it? That's sad, Dr Who was an intelligent programme when I was a kid, there is no reason why good drama can't be available to kids and adults alike, still I guess it's probably the adults that have got left behind not the kids.
 Only a hill 01 Sep 2013
In reply to Al Evans:
It's still an intelligent programme in its own way, but tastes and fashions have changed. And it's definitely still a programme for kids first and foremost. If you go back and watch a lot of the old episodes from the '60s to '80s now, the first thing that springs to mind is how rubbish many of them are!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...