UKC

Can you recommend me a replacement GPS Watch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Uluru 02 Sep 2013
Evening,

My Garmin Forerunner 405 has just died, not the best timing as I've got Bristol Half in just under 2 weeks and rightly or wrongly I do rely on my watch to help keep my pace up.

Does anyone have any replacement recommendations?

Ideally I like to have 3 different readings on my display at any one time, so kilometers, current pace and overall time.

I do use a heart rate monitor for some runs so this capacity would also be good.

I have quite a small wrist so the 405 was a good size for me.

Thanks for any suggestions
 steelbru 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Uluru:
Depends all what functions you want - check out the Garmin website where you can compare the various watches and see which model has which options.

Did you use all the options on the 405 or find you just used the basic ones ?

Once decided, go to www.handtec.co.uk they are the cheapest supplier in the UK

OP Uluru 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Uluru: Thanks for the tip on the supplier much appreciated. I really only used the basic functions so I don't need anything too fancy.
 DancingOnRock 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Uluru:

If you are looking at low end then the FR10 and FR210 look like a good buy. I've got the FR60 which is now superseded by the FR70. It's not GPS but the footpod is extremely accurate. Bundles for around £70 with footpod and HR strap.

See www.dcrainmaker.com for the best online reviews out for all watches.
 LastBoyScout 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Uluru:

Timex Ironman Triathlon will do that for you - select what you want to see on the 3 display lines.

GPS is a separate arm band unit, but means the watch is nice and small, which might suit you.

Comes with heart monitor strap, too.

Only annoyance is the separate data recorder module, if you want to download it all. Not sure if they've fixed that in newer models.
 yorkshireman 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Uluru:

I've been using a 405 for years and it's taken some punishment so I expect it might die sometime soon too.

My wife uses the 610 which is newer - I've switched over to it during ultras when my 405 battery has died and it seems fine - has a slightly better battery life and pretty much all the same functions.

TomTom have just brought out some watches in this space - although I've not seen any long term reviews yet.

http://sports.tomtom.com/en_us

In reply to yorkshireman:
> (In reply to Uluru)
>
> I've been using a 405 for years and it's taken some punishment so I expect it might die sometime soon too.
>
> My wife uses the 610 which is newer - I've switched over to it during ultras when my 405 battery has died and it seems fine - has a slightly better battery life and pretty much all the same functions.
>
> TomTom have just brought out some watches in this space - although I've not seen any long term reviews yet.
>
> http://sports.tomtom.com/en_us

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/07/tomtom-runner-multisport.html
OP Uluru 04 Sep 2013
In reply to yorkshireman: I've just been looking the 610 it does look like it has all the right features.

The FR10 looked good for the price but I have got used to having three lines on my display so wouldn't want to compromise on that feature.

I'll have a look at the Timex range too, thanks LastBoyScout.

dc rainmaker has some great blog posts. I normally go there before I buy gadgets to see what he says about them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...