UKC

Horseshoe Quarry - Broken Anchor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wingalina 05 Sep 2013
Told to raise this on here as the most appropriate forum.

See the original thread here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=562210

In short, found the anchor broken at the top of "O Brother Where Art Thou?" last night, and held together with a very dodgy looking wire gate, which was about as safe as a chocolate fireguard!

Is there a process in getting this reported and sorted? As per my post above, happy to go back fix myself in the next week, just not sure of the protocol for this kind of thing etc?

Thanks for your help
 Maestro 05 Sep 2013
In reply to wingalina:

The anchor is not broken it just doesn't have a mailon. Lets not cause alarm!!
OP wingalina 05 Sep 2013
In reply to Maestro: missing something quite critical like a mailon in my book means its broken, 101 really, however this post was never to cause alarm, purely trying to be helpful and understand whats the best way to get it sorted is.

Thanks
 Chris the Tall 05 Sep 2013
In reply to wingalina:
It's possible that the original mallion has been nicked it (IIRC the next lower off isn't far away) and that someone else has replaced it with one of their own old krabs.

If you can get up there and replace the mallion, and as long as the chain itself is OK, then do so (and maybe put some glue on the mallion)

Alternatively drop Gary Gibson an email (it's his route) and suggest he might like to add it to his list of anchors to be replaced. And bung him a tenner whilst you're at it !
 jimjimjim 05 Sep 2013
In reply to wingalina: I think you need to chill out a bit mate.
A Fish Shop 05 Sep 2013
In reply to wingalina: The Mallion, karabiner or what ever was there before, was missing about a month ago, so I left one of my karabiners on the lower off. If you find this unacceptable I would suggest go to a shop and buy a mallion and go back to horseshoe and replace the chocolate fireguard!

P.S If you do dip your hand in your pocket, could you leave my karabiner somewhere safe at horseshoe and let me know as I would like it back?
OP wingalina 05 Sep 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: thanks Chris for the only bit of helpful advice out of all the posts, i will pop back next week after purchasing a new Mallion.

A fish shop, happy to mail your chocolate fire guard back to you if you can message me your address, or can leave it with a mate at outside at Hathersage for you to collect.

Right off for cold bath to chill out as per jimjimjim's advice, looking forward to it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...