UKC

looking for more climbing partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve2012 07 Sep 2013
Hi guys, looking for some more people to join me when im free to climb. I tend to go to, Nottingham, Milton Keynes and Northampton walls as peterborough is a bit lacking in any good facilities and its pretty god damn flat! I go with my mate but some times one of us isnt free so if anyone from the above areas needs a partner for occasional training and beasting out a few routes, drop me a message. Im fully competent at leading, seconding and at grades up to about 6a but game for a challenge. Also free for outdoor sometimes too, with a full rack to play with.
 tlm 07 Sep 2013
In reply to Steve2012:

Have you tried the Peterborough club? Quite active, I think, with a hut in Snowdonia!

http://www.peterboroughmc.co.uk/
OP Steve2012 18 Sep 2013
not really interested in the peterborough wall or the club, ive been given mixed reviews about the club that they dont always include their newer members in their outings and the wall here is to put it blunt, the worst climbing wall ive seen in the uk. sure i know its volunteers but theres routes that have been up for at least a year and the place is filthy. plus when they have kids parties the put sweets in the holds (???) and you can barely get on a route when its full (full being about 20 people). thus i am here looking for partners further a field....
 GrahamD 18 Sep 2013
In reply to Steve2012:

> not really interested in the peterborough wall or the club, ive been given mixed reviews about the club ...

I'm afraid that says more about you than the club. At a stroke you have just dismissed a sizeable proportion of the local climbers.
 sbattams 18 Sep 2013
In reply to Steve2012: I Climb in Northampton tue + thur evenings most weeks around 6b ish both leading and top ropping but not really into bouldering (i havnt got a bouldering partner)

If I knew how to message you on here I would.

Steven
 EddInaBox 18 Sep 2013
In reply to sbattams:

Click on the person's name (to the right of the red or grey question mark in a dot) to send a message.
OP Steve2012 23 Sep 2013
In reply to GrahamD: not really dismissing the climbers, just those in the club as its said to be quite a clicky group and not so welcoming to newcomers. the wall is unfortunately crap specially for a city that is pretty far from any good crags. dont misunderstand me, im going from more what one of the new members had informed me of and from what ive seen from going there, the dirtyness and how packed out it can get during parties, im afraid i cant really give it much credit.
 GrahamD 23 Sep 2013
In reply to Steve2012:

I think it might be fairer to judge the club for your self ? By the way I live in Cambridge so I sympathise with limited local facilities.
 Howard J 23 Sep 2013
In reply to Steve2012: Why not try the club for yourself instead of relying on hearsay?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...