UKC

Royal Parks Half - Transferring Place

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yorkshireman 01 Oct 2013
Has anyone done the Royal Park Half marathon before in London, and specifically used somebody else's race pack?

The organisers don't officially allow transfers, but a friend of mine with a place isn't running, and my wife wants to use his place. She's been training for the Lyon half this Sunday for ages, but is in London at the moment and meant to be coming back on Friday.

A visa cockup for a trip to China next week means she has to surrender her passport for the weekend so needs to stay in London, missing the Lyon race, so she would like to do this race instead.

I just wondered how tight the organisers were on checking the details (packs are sent out already) on the day - especially since the race pack is in a man's name.

Failing that, does anyone know of any other halfs in the London area this weekend?
 london_huddy 01 Oct 2013
In reply to yorkshireman:

Just do it. Unless your wife's going to place high in the results, it shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure that she write her name and an emergency contact on the back of her race number so that if anyone does happen, the organisers can figure out who she is.

Banned User 77 01 Oct 2013
In reply to yorkshireman: Yeah unless she gets a prize... my 24 year old missus just won 1st V60 in one of the biggest US races.. but no prize.

In big road races it happens all the time. As long as you aren't changing pens with online entry this should be all very easy to do, I don't see why organisers are so opposed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...