UKC

2022 Qatar world cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 04 Oct 2013
Have it in the summer and fry or restructure the UK and other countries' domestic schedule and risk not getting past the first round.

Personally I can't see England, the other UK or European nations bothering to attend. Fifa imploding, Qatar having a white elephant at the expense of many deaths of immigrant workers, and those FIFA members who pocketed their bungs from voting for Qatar laughing all the way to their swiss bank accounts.
 Andy Hardy 04 Oct 2013
In reply to kevin stephens:

What would stop a.n.other organisation running the "Association Football Global Trophy" competition in the summer of 2022 and inviting the best 32 teams in the world to take part?
Removed User 04 Oct 2013
In reply to kevin stephens:

Yes, it would be nice to see a lot of countries deciding not to go but I'm not sure about the details of the way Fifa is set up.

At the moment if you read about it all in a book you just wouldn't believe it.
cap'nChino 04 Oct 2013
In reply to kevin stephens: If they chose to put it in winter. All teams will attend, we will restructure our season and the world cup will go ahead as planned. It's a joke that Qatar were even considered let alone given it, but that's the cold hard reality of the situation, FIFA are corrupt.
In reply to cap'nChino:
> (In reply to kevin stephens) If they chose to put it in winter. All teams will attend, we will restructure our season and the world cup will go ahead as planned.

But I'm not sure the Premier League would (or would have to) agree to that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...