UKC

Best recent documentaries?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frank4short 07 Oct 2013
Simple one really name a good documentary/ies you've seen recently? What it was about? And why you thought it was worth watching?
 Blue Straggler 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Frank4short:

Into the Abyss (documentary feature by Werner Herzog). It was about capital punishment. It was thought-provoking, superbly paced and edited, and brought me incredibly close to tears at one point. It also has some hilarity. I am a fan of Herzog's approach to documentary-making.
 Trangia 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Frank4short:

Hitler's Rise in Colour - Old film and newsreels in colour - interestin, revealing and educational.

Dambusters - Documentary about a present day Cambridge research engineer recreating Barnes Wallis's experiments on the bouncing bomb. Again very interesting and made me realise just what Wallis achieved in terms of engineering.
 hokkyokusei 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Frank4short:

Blackfish - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2545118/

It's about Orca (I know they're not fish) kept in captivity, and about one in particular, that killed one of the 'trainers'.

I watched it on recommendation. I found it very moving.
andymac 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Frank4short:

Probably one about The Eagles on BBC4.

Never been what I could call a fan ,but really enjoyed it.

Was impressed with Don Henley and his 'green' side

Could listen to him talking all day.
neilus 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Frank4short: Stranded - absolutely stunning, moving and profound BBC doc about the Peruvian rugby team plane crash, their survival and rescue in the Andes...wow...
youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4paCxxwDQ&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...