UKC

England Vs Poland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 15 Oct 2013
Some match so far!! Just opened a beer to calm myself down a bit!
Clauso 15 Oct 2013
In reply to abr1966:

It's enough to make you yearn for the days of Steve McClaren, isn't it?
OP abr1966 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Clauso: it reminds me of some of those agonising quarter finals we lost in the 80's and 90's.......so many chances but no result! Fingers crossed!
In reply to Clauso: Townsend is playing a blinder.

The one on the pitch that is, not the moron who is commentating.
Clauso 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Thank goodness for that!... Let's get a sack full now.
In reply to Graeme Alderson: Shrek - you beauty
 Banned User 77 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Graeme Alderson: I'm enjoying this.. we look dangerous.. actually exciting to watch.
 Skol 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Clauso:
"Keep calm. Put the kettle on, mother. Don't worry - the goals are going to come."
 Postmanpat 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Skol:
> (In reply to Darren Jackson)
> "Keep calm. Put the kettle on, mother. Don't worry - the goals are going to come."

From whom?
 Skol 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Postmanpat:
Dunno Pat. Ask Brian Clough
OP abr1966 15 Oct 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Just over 20 mins.....Poland still dangerous on the counter....time for no mistakes and professionalism!
In reply to abr1966: Steeeevieeeeeeeeeee
In reply to Graeme Alderson: We can win this whole thing..

No we looked good, not great, but Townsend, Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck work well as a front four.. I'd stick with this now..
 Yanis Nayu 15 Oct 2013
In reply to abr1966: First England match I've enjoyed for a good while.
 The Norris 15 Oct 2013
In reply to abr1966:

Take THAT Harry Redknapp!

In Woy we trust!

Quite an entertaining game in all, well done.
Clauso 15 Oct 2013
In reply to The Norris:

Brazil, innit?
 Skol 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Clauso:
Two words. Groundhog Day . I can't wait to get my Sun World Cup banners out
In reply to Submit to Gravity:
> (In reply to abr1966) First England match I've enjoyed for a good while.

kind of unnerving isn't it?

I enjoyed the early years of Sven, but Capello no.. and then Hoddle.. thats been in 16 years.

We look a decent team, reliant on a few, Rooney was understandably happy, he has so much more space now teams know we aren't just him. Townsend superb. But Welbeck works so hard and Sturridge gives a lot tbf. We also look united, we look like a team.

Obviously we have issues, right back, center halfs (thin) in fact all over a few injuries and we are in trouble. But we look dynamic so we'll see.
 Glyno 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Skol:
> (In reply to Darren Jackson)
> Two words. Groundhog Day . I can't wait to get my Sun World Cup banners out

indeed, just remains for Rooney to break a metatarsal in May.
In reply to IainRUK: Oi, it's centre not center, you've not moved to the States yet
In reply to Graeme Alderson: Wow, Scotland, England and Ireland all win. Wales and N Ireland draw away. Good results all round. And Italy frew at home to Armenia
OP abr1966 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Graeme Alderson: July 13th 2014......the final!!!!!!
In reply to abr1966: What time? CET as I will be working at the climbing World Cup in Chamonix
In reply to Graeme Alderson: Good result for Scotland tbf..
OP abr1966 15 Oct 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Agreed....a result against Croatia is impressive, maybe Strachan can do something with Scotland..
 Chris the Tall 15 Oct 2013
In reply to Graeme Alderson:
> (In reply to abr1966) What time? CET as I will be working at the climbing World Cup in Chamonix

And hopefully the French won't qualify, preferably via a dubious decision

Have to admit I hadn't even heard of Andros Townsend before Friday, no he's not only on the plane, he might even be in the starting line-up
 Enty 16 Oct 2013
In reply to abr1966:

They should just cancel the finals in Brazil and give us the trophy now.........ffs

E
 Jamie B 16 Oct 2013
In reply to abr1966:

> a result against Croatia is impressive, maybe Strachan can do something with Scotland..

Make that two results against Croatia. Strachan is defo the man for the job but will have his work cut out to qualify for anything, as our lowly co-efficient pretty much ensures that we'll continue to get tough draws. Which keeps our co-efficient low. And gets us more tough draws. A hard spiral to escape.

Al Evans 16 Oct 2013
In reply to Jamie B: Surely the most momentus thing about these WC qualifiers is that the Faroe Islands at last got a point.
 Mike Stretford 16 Oct 2013
In reply to abr1966: Well we're at the party... that's great!

Some of the bookies have got England at 20-1 to win which seems optimistic (from an England point of view).
 Jamie B 16 Oct 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

The Faroes regularly pick up points, often at the expense of Scotland!
 Chris the Tall 16 Oct 2013
In reply to Enty:
> (In reply to abr1966)
>
> They should just cancel the finals in Brazil and give us the trophy now.........ffs
>
> E

I can't remember any time in which England have qualified for the World Cup Finals with less fanfare and less sense of expectation
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> I can't remember any time in which England have qualified for the World Cup Finals with less fanfare and less sense of expectation

Don't worry Chris, it is early days yet. I am sure all sense of proportion will have been lost by next June.

Alan
 Kimono 16 Oct 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to Enty)
> [...]
>
> I can't remember any time in which England have qualified for the World Cup Finals with less fanfare and less sense of expectation

im hoping this may work in our favour...underdogs and all that

Banned User 77 16 Oct 2013
In reply to Kimono: I think we also go in unseeded, so it will be tough to progress.
 Kimono 16 Oct 2013
In reply to IainRUK:
really? unseeded? or just not the first tier?
 Banned User 77 16 Oct 2013
In reply to Kimono: They said on TV last night unseeded. But I think its a complext draw.. so european sides are kept apart, well 2 per group I think, something like that.
 Kimono 16 Oct 2013
In reply to IainRUK: ok, but the bottom line is well probably end up in a group with Germany...aaarrrrgghh!
 Chris the Tall 16 Oct 2013
In reply to IainRUK:
I think England might scrape into the top 16, so could be in the second pot, but I don't think the format of the draw has been announced yet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...