UKC

Slugs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
m0unt41n 17 Oct 2013
I keep finding slugs in my kitchen in the evening, usually one a night if damp outside. But the only gaps I can see is a 2mm gap for a small part of the back door. The slugs can be 50mm long, this is starting to get freaky. Can they get through such a small gap? Will need to put draft excluder on but hard to believe this is where they come in.

Any experts on slugs?

Thanks
robatkinson 17 Oct 2013
In reply to m0unt41n: no they cant get through small gaps, but they have discovered lock pick sets, and can open doors. soon you'll come down stairs they'll be in front of the fire reading a classic and smoking a pipe.

seriously though a strip of double sided stick taped plastered in salt works well.
FrogOnTheTyne 17 Oct 2013
In reply to m0unt41n:

Yeah. Getta frog - frogs love slugs. And if you LICK it you get the giggles, Toad said so.
In reply to FrogOnTheTyne:

LICK the frog that is, not the slug. Slugs have eeevolved to taste foul. Except to frogs. (Bit of a design fault there SLURP)

and buzzards
 hang_about 17 Oct 2013
In reply to m0unt41n:
I had that problem. Found a small gap but could empty a whole can of expanding foam into a void under the wall. Stopped the little blighters though. Entombed in foam forever.......................
 Sharp 17 Oct 2013
In reply to m0unt41n: had the same problem for ages, sealed the f*ck out of the kitchen door and that stopped them but there is now a small gap appearing and they're getting in again, in the middle of putting a new kitchen in and when I'm done there wont be a single slug shaped gap. Bastards.
 ByEek 17 Oct 2013
In reply to m0unt41n: They can get through very small gaps. Rather than just putting down slug pellets and then having to clear up a mass of slime in the morning, get a cheap Tupperware box, cut holes in the sides, fill with slug pellets, put lid on and then place near the door. They will die in the box so nothing to clear up.
 hokkyokusei 17 Oct 2013
> ... Slugs have eeevolved to taste foul. Except to frogs. (Bit of a design fault there SLURP)

and ducks
In reply to hokkyokusei:

and hedgehogs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...