UKC

NEWS: Euan McFadyn climbs font 8A aged 15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Oct 2013
Euan McFadyen climbing his first font 8A, Spam Dagger, Dumbarton, 3 kb

15 year old Euan McFadyen recently climbed his first font 8A, Spam Dagger at Dumbarton Rock, just a year and a half after having started climbing, showing considerable talent and drive. 

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68438
 Durbs 25 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Treading the fine line between impressive (which it is), and irritation (8a in 1.5 years?!!)

Well done to him.
The git

On a serious note, would like to hear about his previous background. He can't have built up that much finger and core strength from just playing Xbox or football...
 imaxst 25 Oct 2013
In reply to Durbs: Euan does like his xbox but possibly more relevant to his strength/fitness would be his previous interest in gymnastics and many years of karate.
 Fraser 25 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Very impressive! Seeing this young guy over the past 6-12 months at TCA Glasgow has revealed him to be going supersonic; his rate of improvement in this timescale has been incredible. Nice work Euan!
 RockSteady 25 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Incredible progress, and very young to achieve such a high level of performance. Well done to Euan, and best of luck on future progress!
 Milesy 25 Oct 2013
I usually leave TCA feeling a bit sick and angry with myself with the amount of youngsters on some seriously hard stuff there lol.

I'll just stick to hanging about at Auchinstarry lol.
 catt 26 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic to hear, but not the least surprising. The boy's a beast, and a decent, level headed one at that. Never realised he travelled from Dunoon, I was under the impression he lived in TCA... Great support from his dad, that must be a lot of taxi miles!

Good work Euan!
 dmacmorris 26 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News: Great work, i know a 8a is super impressive but a Dumby 8a is MEGA impressive. Keep up the hard work and training.
 Flinticus 28 Oct 2013
In reply to dmacmorris:
Amazing! Think it may have been Euan I was watching train at the TCA last Friday. If not, there's another young climber hot on his heels!
Did the big juicy dumby young team proud Euan well in!!!!!!!
 Kemics 28 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Mind bogglingly impressive. Has he had any rest days?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...