UKC

accountant needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mattaylor 30 Oct 2013
currently setting up a small business anybody have first hand knowledge of an enthusiastic accountant, limited company, vat registered
OP mattaylor 30 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor: Based in Saddleworth therefore an accountant in this area ideally
 edordead 30 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor:

Not in your area (Nottingham) but very good and trustworthy:

phil@pabusinessservices.co.uk
OP mattaylor 30 Oct 2013
In reply to edordead: thanks, a bit closer to home would be good

vark 30 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor:
I'd be very interested to find out the likely cost as well. What would they charge for a ltd company doing consultancy with a turnover of around 20k?
 hokkyokusei 31 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor:

Not Saddleworth but I can recommend Wheawill & Sudworth in Huddersfield:
http://www.wheawill.co.uk/
We've been with them since we started up ten years ago and have seen no need to change.
OP mattaylor 31 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor: thanks for the info - will give them a ring
OP mattaylor 31 Oct 2013
In reply to vark: currently getting quotes around the 1100 mark. That covers Accounts and Corporation Tax, VAT returns which are quarterly, Annual Returns, Director Tax Returns + acting as agents for company with the HMRC.
This is all for a company with a turnover between 35 and 75 thousand
 Mike Highbury 31 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor:
> (In reply to vark) currently getting quotes around the 1100 mark. That covers Accounts and Corporation Tax, VAT returns which are quarterly, Annual Returns, Director Tax Returns + acting as agents for company with the HMRC.
> This is all for a company with a turnover between 35 and 75 thousand

I pay less for some fancy London accountant.

I'm guessing that you can cash account so you need someone else to do your VAT?
 chris fox 31 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor:

My old accountants in Stockport are superb (was with them from 1994-2003 and again in 08-2011)

Downham Morris and Mayer 0161 477 2024
 Axel Smeets 31 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor:

That's pretty reasonable. My father-in-law, who runs a business with a similar turnover used to pay £1,000-£1,200 for exactly the same work. That was four years ago.

In return for his daughter and various joinery jobs around my house, I now do the lot for him.
 vark 31 Oct 2013
In reply to mattaylor:
Thanks,
OP mattaylor 31 Oct 2013
In reply to chris fox: thanks will phone them tomorrow, getting used to meeting accountants. By next week i will have hopefully have found one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...