UKC

Rob Sloan, Kielder Marathon cheat?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 31 Oct 2013

I can't see another thread on this, apologies if there is one.

Rob Sloan wins the Kielder 10k on the Saturday, then attempts the marathon on the next day. He comes in 3rd, but never passes the guy that came 4th, his chip goes Haywire towards the end showing a reading of 30mph... did he catch a bus during the race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7aJJ2xUlgQ&feature=share
 tony 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:

This is two years old.
In reply to tony:

Oh yeah, oops

thanks
 steelbru 31 Oct 2013
I ran that race, I wish I'd got a bus, the last few miles were torture !
Clauso 31 Oct 2013
In reply to tony:
>
> This is two years old.

Ha ha!... In other news, Sebastian Coe takes 1500 metres gold in the 1980 Moscow Olympics.

bobbyf 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Tony the blade. I've always had my suspicions about that Lance Armstrong too. I reckon he'd be worth drugs testing.
In reply to Clauso:
> (In reply to tony)
> [...]
>
> Ha ha!... In other news, Sebastian Coe takes 1500 metres gold in the 1980 Moscow Olympics.

No way, that skinny runt? Even if he does win he'll never amount to owt!
In reply to bobbyf:
> In reply to Tony the blade. I've always had my suspicions about that Lance Armstrong too. I reckon he'd be worth drugs testing.

'koff! No chance! Next you'll be saying the septic's will have a black president!
 Brass Nipples 31 Oct 2013

Allan Wells has just won in Moscow...
 toad 31 Oct 2013

That Bannister fellow goes jolly quick
 Banned User 77 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade: pretty fascinating. He's so insistent, yet the descriptions are hardly vague.. and then his GPS data..a GPS works in the car so presumably it would on a bus.. and then the 30 mph phase on his watch.. was the trees.. I love the guys face who came 4th, just glaring at him.
 StefanB 31 Oct 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Yes, it's unbelievable. The interviewer is even offering a relatively graceful way out by saying he came third by accident after taking the bus and the story just grew to big, but even then he's denying it all.

I remember the story, but hadn't seen this video. I was under the impression he admitted it in the end.
Clauso 01 Nov 2013
In reply to Clauso:
> (In reply to tony)
> [...]
>
> Ha ha!... In other news, Sebastian Coe takes 1500 metres gold in the 1980 Moscow Olympics.

Joking aside, and lest we forget:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Coe

"It was Ovett's first defeat at either one mile or 1500 metres in three years and 45 races, and Coe covered the last 400 m in 52.2 and the last 100 m in 12.1 seconds, the fastest ever finish at this distance."

Magic times... Literally!

youtube.com/watch?v=nKvbzPgYwbk&
Clauso 01 Nov 2013
In reply to StefanB:
>
> Yes, it's unbelievable.

Quite!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...