Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - First rope

climbwhenready - on 31 Oct 2013
Hi,

I've been climbing for a few months, and I'm thinking of buying my first rope sometime in the new year and I wondered what advice the forums might be able to give...

My budget situation at the moment is such that, for now, I want one rope for everything - indoor leading, outside toproping (SE sandstone) and I'm hoping to start trad sometime next year. Then in the future I can supplement or replace (depending on its lifespan) with more appropriate ropes for different climbing styles.

I'm thinking of a 60m rope. Don't need dry treatment because I'm not going to be out in the rain or ice. Having looked online, I quite like the DMM Statement, and my local climbing shop also said that this was a good one - but am I missing any tricks? Is there an obvious better first rope? Will I wish I'd asked for more advice in 6 months time? Should I be getting unicore?

Thanks for any tips you can give to a beginner!
... not showing 34 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums