Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - The Road (Job) not taken?

Bobling - on 05 Nov 2013
This is a bit whimsical and should be taken lightheartedly...I'm not even sure why I'm asking but I suspect fellow UKCers have some interesting ones...looking back at your life is there a job which you think "I wonder what would have happened if I took that job, how differently would my life have turned out?"

For me there are actually two:
1st was when I was fresh out of University and turned down a job helping at Keswick YHA to carry on working on Poland Street in Soho at a charity. Sadly the charity job turned hellish shortly thereafter! It took me another five or so years to really get into the outdoor activities after that. I still have not been to the Lake District since!

2nd was when I was in New Zealand and turned down a permanent job at District Health Boards New Zealand as I felt I 'still had something to give' at the role I was in at the Ministry of Health. Sadly that role too turned (even more) hellish and I ended up giving a week's notice shortly thereafter. I wonder if we would even now be in NZ if I had taken that permanent job...

Disclaimers apply - i.e you can never tell how things would have worked out. For me this is not about regrets, simply musings on parallel universes.
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums