UKC

New couch farse.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gibson 09 Nov 2013
Evening all, hope you're well.

So I ordered a suite at the start of July and it was delivered in Monday.
Had just sold my old suite on gumtree and had it collected that morning.
Imagine my horror when the guys start to unwrap the wrong colour of couch before my eyeballs.
I tell them to repack and remove it and then get on the blower to the shop who tell me that they have ordered exactly what I asked for. I tell them it's the wrong colour but their excuse is that the showpiece suite, which secured the sale, has been in the shop for a year and has faded. I'm going into speak to them tomorrow but unsure where to go with this as it's not even remotely like the one I bought.
Do I accept it in the hope that it fades to look like the one I thought I was buying, then it will be too late to return if it doesn't, or tell them to ram it and I should have been advised it would come looking like a different suite?!
Well pissed off, sorry for the rant!
 teflonpete 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Gibson:
WTF are they doing sellng a suite that fades so significantly in a year anyway. Sounds like a complete line of bullshit to me.
OP Gibson 09 Nov 2013
In reply to teflonpete:

That's what I'm thinking. Trying not to let the lack of a couch affect my decision making abilities!
 Run_Ross_Run 09 Nov 2013
In reply to teflonpete:
> (In reply to Gibson)
> WTF are you doing buying a suite that faded so significantly.

Jim C 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Gibson: In reply to Gibson: did you sign for it on delivery, and if so , did you protect yourself in writing ?

( the small print on the delivery note probably says you are accepting it in good condition or some such words)
 gethin_allen 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Gibson:
you've been miss-sold because the item doesn't resemble the display model. tell them to insert it into their rectums and take your cash somewhere else. if they refuse this then take them to the small claims court (assuming this suit didn't cost more than £5k
OP Gibson 10 Nov 2013
Well I didn't sign for it thankfully, just told them to take it away.
They've told me that because it's a natural hide finish it will fade in time but I'm not convinced. The one in the shop certainly didn't look faded, it was pretty uniform and wasn't near a widow or anything to get UV damage.
Does natural leather do this or is he bullshitting me?
Not once have they even apologised yet so I'm probably going to tell them to ram it but now I've got now sofa and I'll be lucky to get another before the end of the year.
 mike123 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Gibson: I reckon the fading thing is bs . Might make sense to buy one back of gum tree Asap so you ve got something to sit on . Try the notice board at your local posh super market , there's almost always sofas for sale on the board at booths
 timjones 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Gibson:

> I'll be lucky to get another before the end of the year.

EBay is your friend, I bet you collect a great leather sofa within a couple of days for a lot less money than the one that has caused this upset

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...