UKC

Photos of Sneachda yesterday (Saturday) - most teams!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peebles boy 10 Nov 2013
Took a quick blast round the coire via Twin Ribs (bit of a swim at bottom, cracking up top) and then over Fiachaill Ridge (cracking, simply cracking, get it while you can!).

Down the Goat Track (some good filling in most of the way, but also some interesting slab action going on - mostly soft snow, but with a proper hard layer on top every now and again).

Photos of teams all over the place, Fiacaill Buttress, Fingers Ridge area, Central Gully area, Alladdins Buttress, and a couple of Mess of Pottage. Pics ain't exactly magazine standard, but if anyone wants the original emailed through drop me a message.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151972459810865.1073741843.7386...

Cheers,
Gordon
 TheseKnivesMan 10 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy:

Great photos! How is the snow on Fiachaill ridge?
OP peebles boy 10 Nov 2013
In reply to TheseKnivesMan:

Pretty deep wade up to the start by the looks of things, might as well enjoy it and go via Twin Ribs. "Flat" section of ridge pretty well blown and not too deep, main steep bit at the end has lots of snow but it's fairly positive and not completely burying the rock!!

Think a lot will be stripped off with this thaw that's forecast over the next 24 hours unfortunately.
 planetmarshall 10 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy: Cheers. A few are of me on Fingers Ridge. Mostly waiting...
 davy_boy 10 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy: where is twin ribs on the ridge ? does this finish at the small col at the bottom of the fiacail buttress. sounds good just cant find much about it on here
 franksnb 10 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy: dare i say it but it was even better today. brilliant weather good conditions.
In reply to planetmarshall:

Aye, did think you might be a while getting up there behind the guys in front!!
In reply to davy_boy:

Twin Ribs are the two broken ribs of rock on the RHS as you come into Coire an t Sneachda. They "top out" near the small spot height before you get to the col you're on about. Plenty scope for making things as hard or as easy as you want, just be wary of some loose blocks and some big old holes in between some of the rocks!
 davy_boy 10 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy: im sure iv scrambled up there before never realised it was a route as it wasn't in the guidebook. will need to get up for another look at it.
 NottsRich 11 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy: Do you know which route this is? Sorry for the long link!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151972459810865.1073741843.7386...
 MrRiley 11 Nov 2013
In reply to NottsRich:

Cruising (V, 5). I think...
 AlH 11 Nov 2013
In reply to MrRiley: Concur
 NottsRich 11 Nov 2013
In reply to AlH: Thanks both.
Oliiver 11 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy: peebles boy, is that a terra nova sl voyager?
OP peebles boy 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Oliiver:

I assume you're on about the tent - no idea what it is, other than it's red and it was near the coire entrance!!
Oliiver 11 Nov 2013
In reply to peebles boy: ah, thought it was yours lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...