UKC

Reel Rock Nottingham??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Loljokesbanter 12 Nov 2013
Does anybody know anything about Reel Rock in Nottingham? I read something about it a while ago but its not on the website?
 OliBarnes 12 Nov 2013
Yeah, Nottingham Trent Uni are holding it on 3rd December. Get in touch with the uni gym to get tickets on 0115 848 3219!!
 winhill 12 Nov 2013
In reply to Loljokesbanter:

I think it is at the Trent Uni gym, can't remember when though.
 alexcollins123 12 Nov 2013

Yup thats right, tickets are £4.50 and can be bought on the door or in advanced from the uni gym: (0)115 848 3219
Awesome, cheers guys! And that's open to anyone right?? ...not just students?
 ebdon 03 Dec 2013

does anyone know can you just turn up on the door, i presume this hasnt sold out? i just rang the number above and they knew nothing about it!
 Blue Straggler 04 Dec 2013
In reply to ebdon:

> i presume this hasnt sold out?

There were about 45 people there in a lecture theatre that could have held 5 times that amount. A couple of my friends phoned the number that you tried, and got the same response that you did, so they went to the Student Union earlier today and again drew a blank so went to the Depot to buy some tickets, and were GIVEN two from a huge stack of unsold tickets.

With all due respect and gratitude to the organisers for putting the screening on at all, I think there are lessons to be learned here.

The posters advertising the screening (I saw one at Nottingham Climbing Centre) almost make it look as if you need to be a student at NTU (moreover a member of NTUMS) to attend. I saw past this, but many people probably didn't. Those of us who live outside Nottingham and don't regularly go to The Depot or NCC needed to ring for tickets and it was seemingly pot luck whether the person on the desk knew about the screening (I assume it was a "Sports Union General Enquiries" phone and I can't blame the corresponding staff for not knowing everything about everything). I bought my tickets by phone on Friday and it was a slightly convoluted experience - the lady I spoke to, whilst charming and courteous, took some persuasion regarding the concept of putting my tickets in an envelope with my name on so I could collect them from some appropriate manned desk on the evening of the screening. And THEN when I tried this tonight, it was a bit of a mission - solved only by fortuitously bumping into a friend who happens to have worked at NTU SU for years. Without that, I'd have had to have blagged my way in.

I enjoyed the films though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...