UKC

roaches tomorrow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 luke glaister 16 Nov 2013
I'm looking at going to the roaches tomorrow and was wondering what to expect. Anyone know the current state of the rock and if its dry tomorrow. Last time I came it said it was going to be sunny but rained all day. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance. Luke.
 mark s 16 Nov 2013
In reply to luke glaister: ill tell you tomorrow what it is like tomorrow,its dry in leek now
 PaulTanton 16 Nov 2013
http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Stoke_On_Trent/

It's saying overcast. That could be drizzle. I can think of more reliable, weather wise, places. Let us know how you get on.
OP luke glaister 16 Nov 2013
In reply to PaulTanton: Thanks mark. Paul. If I do make the trip up and its wet. Is there somewhere u can recommend that might by climbable. I have the weston grit guide if that helps. Cheers. Luke
 Coops_13 16 Nov 2013
In reply to luke glaister: Was wet first thing this morning but mostly dried up by this afternoon
 mark s 17 Nov 2013
In reply to luke glaister: can see half a mile and its damp everywhere this morning
OP luke glaister 17 Nov 2013
In reply to mark s: cheers mark. We have committed and are on the m6. Lots of fog but we left drizzle behind us from Hereford so were optimistic about getting on something. Cheers pal. Luke.
In reply to luke glaister:

Yep pretty damp here this morning, Luke. There's a lingering fog on the hills so I'll doubt you will find much in the way of dry rock until later on. Good luck!
OP luke glaister 17 Nov 2013
In reply to luke glaister: yep. Non of u was lying . proper wet and slimy. Back on the m6 home with a few Stella's in hand.. on the plus side. We seen the wide boys there and seen peat lead Dorothy s dilemma. E1 5a. Big balls cause it was wet as. Then as we were pulling out for home. They were over at hen cloud on what looked like blood blisters. E4 6b. Amazing effort. How they stuck to that rock is unbelievable. Still the easy stuff will be there another day for us...
In reply to luke glaister:

Yes it's amazing what can be done when the motivation is there. Think it's the 'Staffordshire Nose Speed Day' according to Tom's Twitter feed.
 PaulTanton 18 Nov 2013
I used to live in Stoke. Remember getting disappointed to find the Roaches wet on numerous occasions. Go round to Ramshaw and it would be fine.
The Roaches faces due west and gets all the rain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...