UKC

Portaledge in Twll Mawr?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 17 Nov 2013
Heard that a portaledge was spotted in Twll Mawr this weekend, anyone know why / who / what was going on?
ice.solo 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Training probably.
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Hiya!

It was me and Mr Stefan Morris, we're planning a trip to Yosemite next summer and spent the night in the ledge, practicing hauling, cleaning and ledge life.

Sorry - we probably could have done it somewhere a little less visible!
OP Sl@te Head 17 Nov 2013
In reply to AndrewJamesCherry: No need to apologise, I think it's great that Twll Mawr's receiving more traffic. What route were you portaledging on? and did you spend the night there?
 Stefan_Morris 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Sl@te Head: Yeah we spent the night on it, took abit of getting used too! We were on the third pitch of Super Massive Black Hole, Were planning on doing it this morning but it was sopping.
OP Sl@te Head 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Stefan_Morris: Glad you trust my bolt placements enough to spend a night dangling off them ;-0
 mr mills 17 Nov 2013
In reply to AndrewJamesCherry:

Supermassivebighole is not visible at all from the path !

Twll Mawr is a great place to practice these skills...

You hoping to do the Nose ?

mills.
 Dan Arkle 18 Nov 2013
In reply to Sl@te Head:

A really good idea IMHO. Far too many people talk about wasted efforts in Yosemite, when a bit of practice would have sorted them out.
In reply to mr mills:

Amongst others yes!

@Dan Arkle: Thanks! We figured there's no point spending so much money on kit and flights if we're not going to give it a serious effort - and that means plenty of practise before we go.

That, and Twll Mawrs an awesome crag - quite atmospheric!
Mr Cherry,
I'm Mr Plod of the Llanberis Anti-Bivouac briggade. I shall be investigating this incident in time. Did you have a permit?

I'm glad you weren't woken by me peeing off the top of the crag!
Post edited at 12:55

I hope you practised your poop tube
 xplorer 02 Dec 2013
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

Stoke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...