UKC

north wales climbing club members?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 18 Nov 2013
Ive searched for climbing clubs in north wales, particularly Denbigh area, but there dont seem to be any active ones other than in Caernarfon area which is a bit far for regular meets.
Are there any members on here of clubs in the area?
 Otis 18 Nov 2013
In reply to owena:

Clwyd mountaineering club might be what you're looking for?

I believe there's a mountaineering club down the road in Chester too - plus Chester Great Outdoors Club. The latter is not a climbing-specific club, but they do have a fairly active climbing contingient.

Mike.
OP The Potato 18 Nov 2013
In reply to owena: I wasnt really looking at mountaineering clubs, only specific climbing, but I suppose its worth a look, thanks
 rockcat 18 Nov 2013
In reply to owena: You are unlikely to find a club that only covers rock climbing. Clwyd Mountaineering club covers all aspects of climbing including principally rock climbing. Its membership extends from Oswestry to Anglesey and its a very active club.
http://clwydmc.co.uk/

> (In reply to owena) I wasnt really looking at mountaineering clubs, only specific climbing, but I suppose its worth a look, thanks

pete johnson 19 Nov 2013
In reply to owena: Try Chester Mountaineering Club. They have a facebook page.
In reply to owena: also North East Wales Mountaineering Club. We have regular meets local and further afield. Crag climbing and mountain climbing. Based around wrexham/deeside area.
In reply to owena: I second NEWMC, we climb alot, and mountaineer a bit!
Our web page is being used as a portal to the ticket sales for our upcoming Doug Scott talk at the moment, but will be back online after Christmas...in the meantime, check out the facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/NEWMC/

We're active weekly, with members from across NE Wales, Cheshire, and further afield, and we're sure to make you feel welcome!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...