UKC

What litter have you picked up today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
August West 24 Nov 2013
I'm sure most of you will hate the sight of litter in the hills (not to mention the urban environment). I (nearly) always make the effort to pick some up.

I thought I'd start a thread to encourage other to do the same, and maybe shame any of you who do drop stuff to refrain from doing so.

Today I went for a quick walk up Stickle Ghyll to Stickle Tarn and back. On the way back down I managed to collect:

5 sweetie wrappers
1 Chomp bar wrapper
2 tissues
2 bits of paper
1 sock

What have you picked up today?
 birdie num num 24 Nov 2013
In reply to Furthur:

I chucked a Mc Donalds carton out of the car window, driving through Glossop.
 Dan Arkle 25 Nov 2013
In reply to birdie num num:

that's about the only place where it would have improved the local area.

I was mountain biking and failed to pick up some sweety wrappers. I was even already dirty with my own wrappers in my pocket, so no excuse really, I'll do better next time.
abseil 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Furthur:

I took the rubbish out.

OK. Joke over. A thread to encourage others to pick up litter is a good idea and I'll pick a bit up.
 Phil1919 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Furthur:

Yep, I'll pick up a bit.
 spearing05 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Furthur:

A rusting torn up umbrella from the little path that winds across the steep North side of Cribyn. Thought it was the remains of one of those wretched Chinese lanterns at first.
 Queenie 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Furthur:

Your thread popped into mind while walking the dog, clutching a warm, freshly filled poo-bag...so I picked up 3 bits of takeaway crap on the way to the bin. Little effort, but the pavement looked better afterwards.
 Phill Mitch 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Furthur:
I picked up a Lucozade bottle and a cigarette wrapper from the pavement in front of our house. It's a regular thing for me, although I do get some weird looks. I have had people comment to their friends about "that man picking rubbish up off the street!"
I always pick up some rubbish on the hill, I wait until the last 5 or so miles of a walk and pick up as much as I can carry.
Good idea for a thread, if we all do a bit it has to make a change.
This forum I think is the wrong place to target the culprits though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...