UKC

boardband - providers help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 26 Nov 2013
Moving house and need to move the services.

I'm with Sky just for broadband at the minute, I've never had a problem and like there customer service.

However had a quick browser around and found that there is new super fast internet. Anyone using this any opinions?

There are a number of providers I hadn't heard off, talktalk, Primus Saver, plusnet and EE (?). I have no idea if they are decent companies, they do seem cheap, possibly too cheap? Anyone use them??

Worth calling sky and haggling for a cheaper deal on there fancy broadband?
 crustypunkuk 26 Nov 2013
In reply to goldmember:

You wont get any deals on sky fibre. It costs what it costs and that's it. I don't even get it cheaper, and i'm a staff member!
You've answered your own question in your first sentence though.
Remember, price isn't everything.
 buzby 26 Nov 2013
In reply to goldmember: when you say superfast I suspect it will be fibre to the cabinet or fibre to the house depending on whats available where you are moving to.
bt and sky are much the same ie not brilliant but you get there eventually if you persist, talk talks cust service is dire and I would avoid, plusnet although owned by bt seem to get the best feedback ive heard.dont know about ee.
deciding if its worth paying the extra for fibre depends on how fast you would be on copper (which depends mostly on how far you are from the exchange) and how fast you would be on fibre (which depends on how far you are from the street cabinet)

In reply to goldmember:
My 2p ...
Personally would not touch EE being the owner of orange which had one of the worst customer services there could be. Plus net are owned by BT and so that maybe good, and certainly get a good reputation. I am about to go to Sky btw.
In reply to Climbing Pieman:
The first question you need to ask yourself though is do you need superfast? Unless many users will be online at once, or you are a heavy downloader, or you are just impatient, then you will not really benefit unless the copper one is slow your area.
OP goldmember 26 Nov 2013
Sticking with Sky looking more and more likely. BT were very poor with me in the past things may have changed
In reply to goldmember:
When you say just for broadband, how do you get away with that? They normally only give broadband plus phone/tv packages. I know they are doing exceptional contracts for ex O2 and BE customers, but was not aware of others.
 buzby 26 Nov 2013
In reply to goldmember:

> Sticking with Sky looking more and more likely. BT were very poor with me in the past things may have changed

I like an optimist :>P
I think this maybe the case, i have never found normal BB slow. Just fancied playing with a new shiny toy. Alas your prob right.

> When you say just for broadband, how do you get away with that? They normally only give broadband plus phone/tv packages. I know they are doing exceptional contracts for ex O2 and BE customers, but was not aware of others.

I dunno i just selected it from there website a few years back, their tv packages would leave me pennyless. crustypunkuk is the one ask if they are still doing it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...