UKC

Group crags in Telford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BWard 02 Dec 2013
Just seeing if anyone knew of any good group crags in Telford? Im working there in a couple of months and was hoping to do a climb and abseil session.
cheers
 Bulls Crack 02 Dec 2013
In reply to BWard:

'In' Telford? None I suspect!
 Ed Booth 02 Dec 2013
In reply to BWard:

None in Telford. Nearest most commonly used is llanymynech. Other areas such as nesscliffe, grinshill and pontesford and high rocks at Bridgnorth get used from time to time, but these venues are not technically supposed to be used by groups and it may affect access. Ed
 Choss 02 Dec 2013
In reply to BWard:
A wee bit of low grade Scrambly Type stuff on the Wrekin.

Not far away, Several crags clustered around Shrewsbury. But bare in mind Delicate Access on some mentioned above. Check BMC RAD if in doubt i Suppose.
Post edited at 23:06
OP BWard 03 Dec 2013
In reply to BWard:

cheers for the info. i have noticed a lot of access issues for groups in that area. I shall have a think!!!!
 toad 03 Dec 2013
In reply to BWard:

I think your nearest will be the limestone - Trevor/Llangollen area. About 50mins from the end of the M54
In reply to Ed Booth:

Nesscliffe would be a terrible idea!!

jcm
adam11 03 Dec 2013
Pontesford is probably your nearest worthwhile crag, but watch for loose stuff lobbing off the top. Pandy (Nr Glyn Ceriog) is a fair bit further, but a lovely venue. Their may be a few access problems, but a couple of years ago I was there most evenings bumbling around, and quite a few low profile groups used it without a problem.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...