UKC

Which theatre seats???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jack_44 03 Dec 2013
Hello,

I am buying a pair of tickets to the ballet for my girlfriend and didn't realise there are different seats involved. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the matter please??

There are tickets in the stalls (at the front I believe) and the gallery (which are around £6 cheaper). My instinct is to go for the cheaper one, but will the view be quite poor, and I may as well spend a little more for them to get a better view??

Sometimes I don't think males are cut out for Christmas shopping!
 Edradour 03 Dec 2013
In reply to jack_44:

Which theatre?
 Tom Valentine 03 Dec 2013
In reply to jack_44:

Sometimes you can get a cheapish box. If so, do it
 climbwhenready 03 Dec 2013
Stalls are normally better as they're closer. In some theatres, the front row or 2 can be a bit low and involve craning your neck. For £6 extra, I would be inclined to go for stalls.

Fundamentally, I've seen a lot of shows from circles and they're just as enjoyable, though
 ByEek 04 Dec 2013
In reply to jack_44:

Depends which theatre. Most modern theatres have seats that all have a good view. However many of the older theatres may have restricted or limited view seats. Avoid these if you want to impress her. Something worth bearing in mind is that the performance is usually delivered to those in the stalls so even if you have a good balcony view, you may feel somewhat disconnected from the performance. You pay for what you get. That said, if you just want a cheap experience you can't go wrong with the cheap seats. My mum and I went to a ballet at the Paris Opera House for €6 each, but had to stand on our seats to see anything. Still an amazing thing to see in an amazing venue. We left at the interval having had our fill.
OP jack_44 04 Dec 2013
In reply to jack_44:

It is at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.

Thanks for your advice.
 ByEek 04 Dec 2013
In reply to jack_44:

Oh - now you are talking. We often go for the seats that overlook the stage from the side. The acoustics are not the best from here but you do get a good view. You also won't be performed to but the Bridgewater is such a lovely space, it doesn't really matter too much. I would go for the seats you suggest over full on circle seats any day.
 ByEek 04 Dec 2013
In reply to jack_44:

It might also be worth pointing out that if there are lots of spare seats in the stalls, you can always relocate at half time!
OP jack_44 04 Dec 2013
In reply to jack_44:

Thank you very much, I shall purchase the Stalls seats!

Your advice has been much appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...