UKC

A82 Pulpit Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Is this section closed every night between 2200 and 0630 or is it just at weekends?

Stuart
 girlymonkey 04 Dec 2013
In reply to Stuart the postie:

Fairly sure its every night
 Jamie B 04 Dec 2013

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/road/projects/A82-Improvements/road-clo...

Actually open more often than not, but worth keeping an eye on Traffic Scotland.
In reply to Jamie B:

Remember I got caught out 2 Sundays ago, heading up your way this weekend, had thought driving up Fri night (before 2200) for early start.

Stuart

Jamie B 04 Dec 2013

Always a doss at the Kinloch hostel if you take that option!
drmarten 04 Dec 2013
As mentioned it varies, the linked website is best for information. I believe they've been running the occasional convoy through the works during the closed night periods, but it would be hard to plan your arrival to match these. There is a complete closure for a week at some point in January and more night closures before works completion.
Once this is complete (spring?) then we can expect further holdups around Crianlarich as the bypass work continues.
After that the climbing lane section near Achallader Farm?
The A82 will then be a shining example of modern road technology, a road truly fit for the 21st century and the traffic which uses it which has been constructed quickly with minimum disruption at minimal cost.
Oh hold on I'm talking shite, ignore everything before the phrase 'minimal cost'.
I mustn't be too dismissive I will look forward to driving down the hill at Stuckendroin (after Ardlui) and not seeing a line of cars down at the lights waiting for them to change. Those cars will now be spaced out along the road towards Tarbet at an impressive 25mph
Post edited at 16:28
andymac 04 Dec 2013
In reply to drmarten:

Bit of a nightmare.

For a main trunk road ,it's almost prehistoric.

Giving it a miss next week .

Will go landslide dodging instead
 Cuthbert 04 Dec 2013
In reply to andymac:

It pretty much is prehistoric as it's just been widened and resurfaced but follows the same line as old tracks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...