UKC

New routing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris687 05 Dec 2013
Just trying to find out how I can check if I did a new route. I've checked guide books of the area and there's nothing on UKC for the line. If it is a new route then does anyone know someone that may care enough to be told?
Thanks for any advice.
 Mark Harding 05 Dec 2013
In reply to chris687:
> Just trying to find out how I can check if I did a new route. I've checked guide books of the area and there's nothing on UKC for the line. If it is a new route then does anyone know someone that may care enough to be told?
> Thanks for any advice.

Maybe, where is it? Where is it in relation to anything else that is documented? What's the description of the line? What is the aproximate grade? Hang on ...it's not a troll is it?
OP chris687 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Mark Harding:

It's on the Gower, Odin's wall. Probably about E1 5a
 Mark Harding 05 Dec 2013
In reply to chris687:
> (In reply to Mark Harding)
>
> It's on the Gower, Odin's wall. Probably about E1 5a

Okey Dokey,
I suspect someone maybe very interested. It's outside my area, so not sure where to officially report it. Why not start a new thread: "New Route on Gower". state the location, grade etc and see where that leads.

Sl@te Head 05 Dec 2013
In reply to chris687:

In North Wales new routes can be logged on a Wicki we have them for Limestone, Gogarth and the Slate Quarries, I'm sure others exist so worth checking.

http://slate.wikifoundry.com/page/NEW+ROUTES+%28Since+Guidebook+Published%2...

Also new routes in North Wales are given a wider audience on the informative V12 news pages, not sure if something equivalent exists elsewhere.
http://news.v12outdoor.com/climbing-news/

Route details can also be added to the UKC databases quite easily

Also worth sending them to the guidebook authors / publishers.

Hope that helps...
OP chris687 05 Dec 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

Cheers, I've submitted a description to SWMC
 Kafoozalem 06 Dec 2013
In reply to chris687:

I assume future guidebook writers will check UKC for descriptions of new routes as well as the other available resources.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...