UKC

Batman base jump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 06 Dec 2013
I don't know if this is allowed by the mods, can't really see why not, it's a wingsuit jump sent to me by Leo Dickinson.
youtube.com/watch?v=8L8UCfxmtSw&
 madasten 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Al Evans:
Nice! The music video to Rudimental's 'Free' is also amazing. Jokke Sommer climbing and then wingsuiting down the Eiger. One of my favourite music videos ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDPW_g2AhAU&feature=youtu.be
Post edited at 12:58
 John Ww 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

Bloody hell, that would have been messy if he'd got it wrong!

Very impressive (to put it mildly).

JW
In reply to Al Evans:

Any idea how fast he's going, Al? Is he helmet camera footage speeded up? Because it looks like about 200 mph!
 David Riley 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

I'd guess 100mph, given freefall is supposed to be about 120mph.
OP Al Evans 06 Dec 2013

I don't know Gordon, just something Leo sent me I thought people on here might like.
In reply to Al Evans:

I haven't seen Leo for many years. If you are still in touch please give him and Mandy my regards. If he has forgotten my name tell him it's the guy who wrote some video editing/tracking software for him some time ago. Strangely enough I just found a copy yesterday as I was clearing out a desk and thought of him.
 Otis 06 Dec 2013

Having watched a few wingsuit vids lately (get yourself on Epictv website for loads more!) I think speeds are generally around 100 to 150mph.

Brave stuff!

Mike.
In reply to Al Evans:

Gary connery landed a wing suit on about 20 foot of cardboard boxes,Apparently if you flare the wing,you can slow it down to 55mph then land it lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...