UKC

micro nuts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shumidrives 08 Dec 2013
DMM Micro Wallnut Set or peenuts or Wild Country Mini Rocks???? looking for micro nuts which do i get
 remus Global Crag Moderator 08 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

DMM IMPs, RPs or the black diamond equivalent. Minituarised versions of regular notes are rubbish compared to micros designed from the ground up, they're weaker (important as small gear is pretty weak in general) and don't place as well.
 jezb1 08 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

Deffo go for some brass nuts such as imps.

In my opinion a long way better than peanuts or similar. Imps etc are a much better shape.
 Jon Stewart 08 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

I've got some brass ones that aren't offset and they're too tapered to fit into pretty much any placement I've ever come across. They're shit, get something offset. Dunno what brand they are, but you get the idea.

I've also got some of the much less steeply tapered tiny BD stoppers (I think) which are good.
 csw 08 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

Never tried imps or RPs, but have used Peenuts; DMM micro wallnuts; BD micro stoppers and BD Swedges

Out of that lot the Swedges are easily the best of the bunch
 Choss 08 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

dmm brass offsets for me. Way Better than imps or the aluminium Micro nuts.

You want a whole bunch Though. Chuck as many as you can in a Marginal placement. Dont skimp.
 Mountain Llama 08 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

Good advice here http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=366366

I use the BD stoppers as they are tough and reasonable strength.

HTH Davey
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I've found plenty of placements for my RPs/IMPs. If somebody nicked my rack tomorrow I'd probably replace those before I replaced the brass offsets. Both are definitely worth having though.
 AlanLittle 08 Dec 2013
In reply to remus:

Tiny conventional nuts, although not as strong as purpose designed RP-style micros, sometimes sit really well in placements. My #3 Chouinard stoppers have a permanent place on my rack for that reason.

But in general, I agree that Imps / brass offsets / similar are the things to go for first.
 Kevster 08 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

The smaller sizes of the WC superlights are quite useful for shallow placements too.
The DMM IMPs I have and quite like, deals at the outdoor show for the last 2 years have been quite keen.
 Steve nevers 10 Dec 2013
In reply to shumidrives:

Do you own any other offsets?

If not get brass offsets then IMPS.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...