UKC

Goblin Combe Car-park bay routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mayaculpa 14 Dec 2013
We did this climb in the lower section of car-park bay
It goes about VD with a 4a start, and finishes at the large yew tree
Judging by the amount of polish, it's popular.

Anyone know it's name? and is it worth an entry on UKC database ? It's
probably the best VDiff in Goblin Combe ?

The pic below gives an indication of the route.

Thanks.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5511/11371001724_1ba218c1a4_h.jpg

In reply to Mayaculpa:

That area is heavily used by outdoor groups toproping, hence the polish. There are several routes from mod up to around severe from what I recall, but for some reason they're not included in the CC guidebook. I can't see why they shouldn't be recorded on UKC, unless there's some agreement that they're left just for outdoor groups. Someone like Pylon King or bpmclimb might know more.
OP Mayaculpa 14 Dec 2013
In reply to wurzelinzummerset:

Thanks for the info Alan, that explains quite a lot.
 The Pylon King 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Mayaculpa:

It wouldnt surprise me if that was a first ascent - probably only ever been top roped!!
OP Mayaculpa 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

Would it be reasonable to make a request to add it to the database, and if so is there any particular local convention for naming routes ?
 The Pylon King 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Mayaculpa:

Add it in and call it whatever you feel.
 Choss 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Mayaculpa:

> Would it be reasonable to make a request to add it to the database, and if so is there any particular local convention for naming routes ?

just no more hobbity stuff, please 7;^)
In reply to The Pylon King:

> It wouldn't surprise me if that was a first ascent - probably only ever been top roped!!

I led this a long time ago and have seen it done once or twice before and since, so not a first ascent but I agree I have no idea what its name is.

bpmclimb 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Mayaculpa:

That line must have been soloed many times over the years - I've done it a couple of times myself. I don't see why you shouldn't give it a name and log it as a first recorded ascent (as opposed to a bona fide FA).

If that clutch of easier routes gets named and graded, they should probably get a mention in the script for the new guidebook - in condensed format, perhaps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...