UKC

know any psychopaths. Channel 4 right now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 14 Dec 2013
You may just not be one!
Cambridge-Climber 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming: I wonder why they keep describing me....

OP The Lemming 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Cambridge-Climber:

I'm betting most of us on this site score high, or high-ish
Jim C 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

> You may just not be one!

Hmm, my wife has latched on to the 'lack of empathy ' thing.

I just told her, what do I care, her problem she married me , life's a bitch and then you die.
 csw 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

What pisses me off is the way people talk about it like it's a bad thing
 David Barratt 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

You can take the test on the C4 website. I only got 36%. I guess that's good?
Jim C 14 Dec 2013
In reply to David Barratt:

> You can take the test on the C4 website. I only got 36%. I guess that's good?

Sounds a bit low to me , as was said before , you would expect folks on this site to score higher than 50%
 csw 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

I got 67% - which apparently makes me a pragmatist
In reply to The Lemming: They won't give me my goddam score, I want to tear out their beating hearts and eat them in front of them before they die!

OP The Lemming 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Cambridge-Climber:

Trying too hard.
In reply to The Lemming: I used to work at Lehmann Brothers
 csw 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

I thought it was interesting that the high scores correlated with a pirhana as a fave animal choice, and the kitten with the low scores - seems like some people just don't understand cats, or pirhanas for that matter - I understand that they're pretty benign in reality?
 Yanis Nayu 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Jim C:

> Sounds a bit low to me , as was said before , you would expect folks on this site to score higher than 50%

Why?
 David Barratt 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Adrenaline sports are meant to have some link.
Jim C 14 Dec 2013
In reply to csw:

> I got 67% - which apparently makes me a pragmatist

That's more like it, I was 68 % but I'm still a nice guy, I just like my own space at home, to do my own thing.

I do also tend to go on holidays on my own now the girls are older, going where I want when I want, doing what takes my whim , without having to accommodate my wife , or the rest of the family. I suppose It is not so much that I prefer to go on my own, rather, that the rest of the family don't like the uncertainty of not knowing if they will have a room, a bed or be in a tent or will end up spending the night in a car. Which is what I prefer.

If I was to do 'their thing' I would be on a beach in the sun, everything planned and paid for in advance. I would not have Bodded / camped around Shetland, or toured Ireland, or hitchhiked / camped round Islay and Jura etc.

I'm guessing, my wife and kids would score rather lower on this test, but I think I will just not mention the test, or my score

The Pylon King 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Only 18% for me
Jim C 14 Dec 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

> Only 18% for me

You are sick

The mods will be after you.
 Clarence 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Jim C:

12% for me, I suspect my love of heavy metal and kittens in the follow up questions went against getting a high score.
 WILLS 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Lol I took the test 55% could go either way muhahahaha
 Timmd 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Clarence:

> 12% for me

Snap, I picked rabbits.
 Clarence 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Timmd:

Rabbits are great but I could spend all day with a happy kitty and a ball of string.

Psychopaths are going to be imagining sick scenarios now but that is their illness and we shouldn't judge them for being sick.
 Timmd 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Clarence:
I dunno, I have an evil sense of humour sometimes.

I found next door's cat looking perturbed as it slid backwards off the sitting room window sill quite funny once, while I watch it's expression from the other side of the glass, but I helped it out when it was pregnant and heavy and didn't want to jump down from a low roof.

Post edited at 01:16
 Chris the Tall 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Not going to do the test - if there's one thing that will turn me into a psychopath it's a personality test. Plus the example shown on TV - the Adolf hitler question - is plain stupid.

Did find the programme interesting, but there was a huge elephant in the room - gender.

All the Hollywood models are male, as were all the serial killers. Misrepresentation ? Almost certainly not, there have been very few notable female psychopaths.
Jimbo W 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

12% for me. Need to watch out for the psychopaths around who might hurt me! Guardian reading and puppy loving..
Jimbo W 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Not an elephant in the room, women are far more empathic than men!
 marsbar 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

64% for me. Just because everyone around me is an idiot....

As for kittens, cats are total psychopaths. They manipulate their human slaves and play with their food with every sign of enjoyment. They bring presents of dead animals and people consider that a good thing.

http://www.joke-archives.com/cats/morecatdiary.html

Its old but true.

ewar woowar 15 Dec 2013
In reply to David Barratt:

> You can take the test on the C4 website. I only got 36%. I guess that's good?

Got a link?

I can't seem to find it.
 yeti 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

42% ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation
 Yanis Nayu 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

36%

And some random text to allow submission...
 Ridge 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

58%, but I put that down to my sentimental streak. Animals in pain bother me, people not so much.
Jim C 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

> Why?

Did you watch the programme?
andymac 15 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
I would like to be a psychopath at times.

But until I stop letting frogs cross the road ,and rescuing spiders and other insects from the bath , don't think I'm going to be a natural born killer.
Post edited at 17:55
 Yanis Nayu 15 Dec 2013
In reply to Jim C:

No
 PanzerHanzler 21 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Scored 21% - program was interesting. Not sure I would agree that they are good in a pinch, yes they would take risks etc to fight through but because of their nature wouldn't they also be more likely leave someone behind to save their own skin?
 DerwentDiluted 21 Dec 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

58% and the description was spot on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...