UKC

The Perfect Christmas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 19 Dec 2013
I'm getting slightly fed-up with a constant round of celebrities telling me how to have the "perfect" Christmas. Aside from the Nigella revelations, which have shown us how far from perfect their lives are, I can't help thinking that trying to have the "perfect" Christmas is a guarantee of disappointment.

Just relax - it's just bloody Sunday dinner!
 ledifer 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Correction:it's Sunday dinner in a silly hat!
 toad 19 Dec 2013
christmas is a time for kittens and communism!

youtube.com/watch?v=9NKHJ64qRR8&
Post edited at 18:05
 girlymonkey 19 Dec 2013
I think it's more than Sunday dinner, but it is meant to be fun and not a stress. It's a bit like weddings, people loose sight of the fact that it's meant to be a day of having fun with friends and family and a day of celebration. People seem to think it's a day where we have to put on a 'performance' and it's our duty to spend a fortune on it and impress.

My perfect Christmas is one where there are loads of people around for dinner and we play lots of games or go for a nice walking depending on the day, and generally enjoy each others' company
Post edited at 18:05
OP Yanis Nayu 19 Dec 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:

Good comparison to weddings.
 Jon Stewart 19 Dec 2013

My perfect christmas would involve going to bed in November and waking up in spring.
OP Yanis Nayu 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Miserable git!
 toad 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Don't worry. The Hare will bring you an alarm clock so you won't miss out on all the fun with your woodland friends.
 The Lemming 19 Dec 2013

My perfect christmas would be watching Nigella get off her tits on the white stuff and then let me....

And then I would wake up and play with all my new toys. Yes, I still have not grown up and demand silly toys for the Big Day. I then spend the rest of the day resting, eating and drinking until I am forced to eat indigestion remidies.

This Christmas I hope to work how to get the dictionary to work on my Tablet's Chrome browser.

Ciderslider 19 Dec 2013

> Just relax - it's just bloody Sunday dinner!

No ! it's not just bloody sunday dinner - it's sunday dinner on the baby jesus's birthday

Ciderslider 19 Dec 2013

To wake up next to kate bush and realise that I live in Hathersage and had just won the euro - then meet me old mate big Ron for a few beers in the scotsmans pack, then Kate could come and pick me up, nice
 The Potato 19 Dec 2013

having a great meal with all my family, then getting a phone call from my best mates (who have all come back from abroad) and ask me to come down to their old house to have the traditional chrismas night piss up.
Nothing better than good friends you miss.
abseil 20 Dec 2013
>...the "perfect" Christmas...

The look on childrens' faces when they get their presents. [I know, I know, materialism blah blah].
 Choss 20 Dec 2013

Perfect Christmas - snowing.
Jimbo W 20 Dec 2013

Always done Sunday dinner for the whole family in recent years, but just the three of us this year at home! It was always hot work, but always fun.. ..smoked salmon starter, roast goose, roast potatoes chipolata sausages, sprouts, parsnips, red cabbage peas, home made stuffing, veggie option, christmas pudding to end! This year, a sirloin of beef to roast, nothing too fancy, prob have yorkshires, we have a piece of smoked salmon from North Uist, and we're having pears in red wine for pudding! Am looking forward to cooking muchly!

Got a couple of nice Rhone valley reds, and a couple of clarets too. Nowt expensive, but should be good!

The perfect xmas would most certainly be good fun in the morning with the kids, a nice meal with wine, a few ales in the afternoon followed by a single malt or two. A walk with the dog is also included. Keep it simple, dont pressure yourself or others and mostly enjoy that you are with family and dont need to go to work the following day.
 graeme jackson 20 Dec 2013
In reply to Ciderslider:
> (In reply to Submit to Gravity)
>
> To wake up next to kate bush and realise that I live in Hathersage and had just won the euro - then meet me old mate big Ron for a few beers in the scotsmans pack, then Kate could come and pick me up, nice

If you lived in Hathersage you could roll home from the scotsmans pack so kate wouldn't need to pick you up. Besides, she realised you're more interested in beer and Ron and has left you for a real man (and I'm doing my very best to keep her happy)

Ciderslider 20 Dec 2013
In reply to graeme jackson:

Hey mate once she'd tasted the slider she'd never be wanting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...