UKC

What did you get today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 25 Dec 2013

"8000 Metres" by Alan Hinckes. Very nice. "Alone in Antarctica" by Hilary Aston(signed) plus DVD with Griff Rhys Jones
Post edited at 18:19
Graeme G 25 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

Hollister after shave. Result!
Peak rock- looks absolutley fantastic
Joe Brown the hard years- still not read it, pics look great.
Distilled- disappointed it was only 40 mins
Last great climb+odessey- looking forward to watching them
Some patagucci shirts.
Socks
 Jackwd 25 Dec 2013

DMM Alpha Sport Quickdraws
Peak Rock
CAC Calendar (Controversial)
Pants
Socks
Jack Daniels
 Trangia 25 Dec 2013

"Catastrophe" by Max Hastings
Bone china coffee cups
Leather wallet
 BusyLizzie 25 Dec 2013

My family gave me some climbing gear for Christmas; it arrived a little while ago and has been cooed over and stashed away in my climbing bag because I am too old to need to unwrap it on Christmas day. But to unwrap today they gave me a box which contained, carefully wrapped:

Tesco’s fruit and nut selection
Photos of some of my favourite people
A twelve inch twig and some little cards on which words like “Impedimenta” and similar Harry-Potter-isms were written

Then they waited and giggled while I looked puzzled until the penny dropped: nuts, friends and hexes.
 Yanis Nayu 25 Dec 2013
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Clever!

I got a Rab Generator Hoodie. Cracking bit of kit!
 BAdhoc 25 Dec 2013

Walking poles, tricam, sailing lessons and some money to spend on winter kit!
Removed User 25 Dec 2013

A bycicle pump - a good 'n mind
At speed - Mark Cavendish's new book
Clearing the plains - an historical account of how the Canadian's really treated the First Nation people.
Rock Paper Fire - The best of mountain and wilderness writing
 Pawthos 25 Dec 2013

waterproof gloves (what witchcraft is this?)

Posters to the forum on womens gear may be saddened to know my magic gloves are pink. But I found I didn't mind a bit, and thoroughly enjoyed toastie warm and dry paws on my big walk today.

Magic!
Jim C 25 Dec 2013
Socks ( brown)
Hat ( lost mine on windy day last week,)
allsorts ( bassets)
Deodorant ( something the wife likes) UPDATE- Homme -David Beckam- what I said something the wife likes, no idea what It smells like.
I took an iPhone Video of granddaughter's first steps ( 8 months) brilliant present, best ever.

Next year, who knows, I have 3 grown up daughters, so probably lots more socks, ( or more grandchildren!)
Post edited at 20:46
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Dec 2013

Same as the past five years - nowt!

Chris

Billy the fish 25 Dec 2013

A frying pan.
 didntcomelast 25 Dec 2013

Paramo aspira jacket, leather insulated gloves, a metre of Jaffa cakes,a bottle of Jack Daniels a bottle of Glayva, two boxes of jelly babies. Not bad this year, a happy bunny.
 Yanis Nayu 25 Dec 2013

Indigestion
 Mooncat 25 Dec 2013

A plaster cast and that lovely warm glow you feel when you know you've ruined someone else's christmas.

A mini beehive! Epic!!!
 freerangecat 25 Dec 2013

2 packs of origami paper
2 jigsaw puzzles
a book
a tea towel
a couple of little wooden puzzles (1 easy, 1 impossible)
a lidded microwave soup mug thing

Not as exciting as most people's, but they're at least all things I can use and appreciate at the moment.
 hokkyokusei 25 Dec 2013

"Proffessor Astro Cat's Frontiers of Space"
Some very nice chocolates & Turkish delight.
Some assorted beers.
A very fluffy dressing gown.

plus

A blocked drain that backed up through the sink when I ran the dish washer.
A lot of very dirty towels.
A new and exacting financial relationship with a plumber.

A Coprolite. The original sh*t present.
 upordown 25 Dec 2013
In reply to Mooncat:

> A plaster cast and that lovely warm glow you feel when you know you've ruined someone else's christmas.

What happened?
 Peakpdr 25 Dec 2013

A credit card bill & five happy sons
 Run_Ross_Run 25 Dec 2013

Cinnamon flavoured Smirnoff.

Enough said really.
 Strachan 25 Dec 2013

Osprey Variant 37 & All Fourteen Eight Thousanders by Messer... very pleased.
 Bimble 25 Dec 2013

Frontier Stove, knife sharpening set, Woodlore badge (I like badges), socks, and a dressing gown. And more socks.
 Mooncat 25 Dec 2013
In reply to upordown:

> What happened?

Motorbike crash, a slightly tipsy pedestrian walked out right in from of me, between cars so didn't see her till she was on the deck. She's got a broken shoulder, I've got plenty of little broken bones in right hand and wrist and a couple of broken ribs. Might be an excuse for more shiny bits for my bike though.
 johnwright 25 Dec 2013

A nice shiny Makita cordless drill (cracking piece of kit),a new Nokia Lumia 520 phone thingy and some cycling books Plus a bottle of GlenFiddich, love my wife and my lovely 2 daughters.
needvert 26 Dec 2013

A book.

But then there's whatever I can find that I want during boxing day.
 FreshSlate 26 Dec 2013
I got:

jöttnar fjorm jacket

Logitech g710+

Black diamond power stretch gloves

Then chocolate etc.
Post edited at 00:20

Judging by how I'm feeling at the moment, I fear that I've got another bloody cold...
 Clarence 26 Dec 2013

I got some jellybeans, a couple of really good books, a Beano annual, a new Dab radio and some DKNY Red Delicious for Men. The giver of that last item was pissed off when I put it on my desk as a paperweight, how was I to know it was bloke perfume?
lostcat 26 Dec 2013

Drunk and stonned!
 Choss 26 Dec 2013

I wont Know Until Friday when my Daughter Arrives, Which is a Present in Itself anyway.

Fingers Crossed the Promised storm doesnt Bugger up Trains between the south east and south west again.
 Trangia 26 Dec 2013
In reply to needvert:

> A book.

>

Tell us more? Title? Author?

The highlights are 'Peak Rock' which is beyond brilliant, and then a total surprise, a copy of 'Extreme Rock' in VGC with a slip case and a sales sticker for its original price of £22!. It's not fair to do a back to back, but it's astonishing how production values and climbing have have moved on in a relatively short time. Two brilliant books.
 cfer 26 Dec 2013

A tablet, telescope, cycling gear, a new wallet and some amazing seinheisser headphones. I got spoilt
OP FesteringSore 26 Dec 2013
In reply to cfer:

> A tablet,
Aspirin or paracetamol? ;oP
needvert 26 Dec 2013
In reply to Trangia:

Somewhat surprised someone cares about more detail(?)...

Neil Gaiman - American Gods.
 Trangia 26 Dec 2013
In reply to needvert:

Always interested in books and new reads
In reply to FesteringSore: My wife, for Christmas, sponsored a dog for me through the Dog's Trust. The wee young chap has 'issues', and cannot be visited.

It was touching and thoughtful and I couldn't have been happier with her choice of gift.

T.

Choss 26 Dec 2013
In reply to Choss:

Daughter not Coming til Saturday now, so got to wait Until then now for our Little Christmas and our gift exchange

Ive got a Brick out of a skip and tied it to a String for her, just Like Father Jack.

Im now also now going to pinch an idea From busy lizzy post and wrap up a stick and tell her its a Harry potter wand.

Then after a suitable amount of Time and wondering if im being Serious has passed, ill give her her main gift, Buffy complete box set.
 Blizzard 26 Dec 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Have you really not recieved any gifts in 5 years? Don't tell me spent Xmas day all alone as well.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 26 Dec 2013
In reply to Blizzard:

No, we tend to buy each other something for our birthdays (Sept/Oct) when we are normally in the UK and not to bother over Christmas when we are abroad.

What do you buy the person who has everything anyway?

Chris

PS. OK - a slight exaggeration both set of parents give us cash - though again we rarely get this over Christmas either. And Sherri's brother always sends us a box of 'goodies' - Christmas cakes, pudding etc.
But deffo no present to open on the day!
 Ban1 27 Dec 2013
started my first trad rack with:
BD nuts #4 to #13
nut key
2 BD neutrino biners

touching the void(softback)
vertical
climb
and 8th edition- mountaineering(freedom of the hills)
Sarah G 27 Dec 2013
In reply to all;

Anyone want to flog me their now-redundant i phone? (unlocked- Virgin are doing unlimited everything for £15/month).

Sx
 mrdigitaljedi 27 Dec 2013

Eastern grit
thermal walking socks(i actually asked for)
NfS rivals
various dvd's
1ltr of whiskey
drysack

And the love of a good woman.....
 The New NickB 27 Dec 2013
I got a copy of The Silver Spoon, which I asked for, a couple of other books, a Lego Back to the Future DeLorean, a few nice bottles of wine and a decent lump of cash, which will buy me a few new bits of running kit.

My girlfriend and I decided not to spend much on each other, but treat ourselves to a weekend in a hotel in the Lakes in January.

I bought myself Peak Rock a few weeks ago, I agree with everyone saying how good it is.
Post edited at 14:53

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...