/ Mammut Eiger Nordwand jacket and pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Paul Atkinson - on 27 Dec 2013
anyone had any experience with these Alpine climbing, ski mountaineering, side country and able to offer a review?

ta P
Col Kingshott on 27 Dec 2013
In reply to Paul Atkinson:

I used them all last season for Scottish winter climbing. I really rate them but did get a decent discount on RRP. Couldn't comment on usage for what you're asking though. I think last seasons version of the trousers were made of very thin Gore-Tex and probably wouldn't last for ages getting hammered over rock. This seasons ones are made of a more durable material so I'm getting some of them. I think that both the jacket and trousers are well made and designed without loads of naff features. Not sure I'd pay full RRP for them but they're probably a similar price to most flagship jackets now. I've used trousers and jackets from most the major brands and these are definitely my favorites.

Incidentally I'm 5'10" and 11st with a runners build and fit perfectly in a size medium.

Regards,

Col.
In reply to Col Kingshott:

Thanks for that Col, some useful info there. I'm planning a trip to Hathersage from Manchester to try them on - I'm 6'5" 88kg gangly so fit is often a killer issue. Have got some other Mammut kit that fits me well though. How much insulation can you comfortably get between jacket and base layer?

P
Col Kingshott on 27 Dec 2013

An R1 hoody would be fine. I never put anything more than that under my jacket, but I reckon something like a nano puff would probably fit. I use arcteryx phase AR baselayers for winter. I prefer to overlayer with synthetics. I tried a size small but it was too restrictive. I do like close fitting clothing.

They sell them in the square shop part of outside.

Col.
In reply to Col Kingshott:

Thanks - we seem to share the same taste in base and mid layers so that makes me hopeful about the jacket :-)

P
Paul Atkinson - on 28 Dec 2013

Bump
ads.ukclimbing.com
PPP - on 28 Dec 2013

Might worth checking: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4122

Though it's Extreme version, don't know any differences between them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.