UKC

petzel dart antibotts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 28 Dec 2013
Anyone tried fitting sarken/varsek antibotts to darts? (Rear section looks almost identical) ta
 Gazlynn 28 Dec 2013
In reply to climber34neil:

Rear section will and does fit no probs as they are the same rear section I think. The front part obviously doesn't foot at all. I did cut them and tried a home made job with some thin cable ties but wasn't very successful.

Cheers

Gaz
OP climber34neil 28 Dec 2013
In reply to Gazlynn:

I guess the next question is it worth getting some for the rear section or just use gaffa tape?
 Si Withington 29 Dec 2013
In reply to climber34neil:

Hi

I fitted Sarken plates to Dartwins. As Gaz said, the rear section is the same so fits perfectly. The front section needs some modification, but with some decent cable ties (that can withstand cold temps) and a bit of trimming you can get a reasonably good fit. I used my Dartwins with modified Sarken plates for a couple of seasons both in Scottish slush and warming afternoon Alpine snow and they worked well.

Si
OP climber34neil 29 Dec 2013
In reply to Si Withington:

Thsts good then as I've just ordered a pair!! Many thanks
 Simon4 29 Dec 2013
In reply to Si Withington: I have carried out a similar bodge with good success but as someone pointed out on a previous thread, it is quite an inditement of Petzl that they failed to produce a custom component for what is generally considered to be an essential part of the crampon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...